48. In London

"Hey," Andrew greets me, finishing his call, and smiling in front of me while I'm still astonished by it, I was so sure he wouldn't come.

His hair is shorter and he looks so handsome, even if I almost can't notice his curls anymore, and all I think about is if it still long enough to pull it.

"Hi", I smile back at him while he catches my luggage from my hands and pulls me to him for a kiss.

I was expecting something different, a peck on my lips or my cheek, and not him claiming me in the middle of the airport in an awkward position. Andrew has my luggage in one hand and the other around my waist while I'm still embarrassed not knowing what to do with my hands. He continues kissing me and encouraging me to believe I was everything he was thinking about, that he missed me even without saying anything about it.

I plant my hand on his hair, it was driving me insane how handsome he is with his new haircut, still, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to do one of my favorite things.

Andrew smiles in our kiss when I pull it.

"I made sure not to cut it too short;" He tells, and again I believe it is for me and it means more than a lot of unsaying things between us.

"Come," he tells me when he realizes I'm dumbfounded, staring at him open-mouthed and that I won't reply or move. He takes my hand and heads us to the parking lot.

I'm still thinking about what Andrew said when we enter the car and then he is driving. I take my time observing him, he appears to be very exhausted, and I wonder if he is here for work. How can he manage to look so good even when he is tired? When I'm tired, I'm the worst version of myself, but he seems to be used to it.

I gaze at the city, it is evening here, so I observe the lights and the architecture, smiling each time a double-decker red bus passes us.

I squealed when Andrew turns to the left and it resembles we are on the wrong side of the road, he retains the car on the wrong side, and for a minute I thought we would hit another car and I remain expecting it, but we don't. I then perceive every car is on the opposite side, and that it has been like this since the airport. I forgot they drive on the left side here. I didn't pay attention to it before but I'm sitting on the left inside the car while Andrew is driving from the right. I steady my breath, hearing Andrew's laugh, recognizing how distracted I am.

He drives us to a nice area, with red brick buildings all around, the first ones are houses, each one having a different door color. I wonder if they are Victorian and I wish I knew more about architecture now.

The next area is surrounded by several five stories buildings, all alike, having similar architecture to old ones, but they don't appear to be old. Yes, that is how deep my architecture knowledge goes, old or new, anything more specific than that is out of my understanding.

I keep observing it, intrigued, I haven't realized Andrew has parked

the car. We moved in the direction of one of these buildings, he opens the main door, carrying my luggage. The hall is quite nice, big and white and we move to a small elevator on the right side.

The building is not high, it has five floors and Andrew seems to live on the top one.

It is confusing how large and modern his apartment is, only his living room is bigger than my whole flat. I remark there is no personal touch in his place, everything is black and white, some things are grey, but no other color, or pictures, or anything showing something about him. Is it his apartment? It must be freaking expensive having a place like this in London.

I'm in the middle of the living room, observing now the open kitchen before I turn to face him again, aching to ask about it when I'm met by his now piercing dark green eyes.