3. On my nerves

EDITED

***************************************************************

I stop on the door and gawk at Andrew. Who's wearing only sweatpants. No shirt.

Damn, he's hotter than I've imagined. And I have a pretty good imagination. Usually, I picture everything so much better than the reality that I'm often disappointed. But not this time, no, not with him.

I'm so thrilled, I can't even count right now and math is one of my favorite subjects. Anyway, I'm quite sure he has at least six packs.

If I wasn't worried by the way he is grinning, I would be cleaning my drool right now. However, my concern is: he's up to something. His whole demeanor screams threat. Something will come up, or maybe it already did.

He has been at home all this time, is it possible that he eavesdropped on us?

It can't be, he would have opened the door for us, right? It's what any normal person would do.

I turned to Dani, who is smiling, watching Andrew with a triumphant expression on her face.

"So, Andrew;" I clean my throat before I start talking, moistening my suddenly dry lips while I return to look at him.

He has the same grin on his face, and for an odd reason, it's enervating me.

"Did you copy the keys?"

"Yes. I put them on the counter. You're a football fan?"

"Excuse me?" I asked, taking my keys.

Football, I hate football. Where this came from?

"Your keys chain is from the PSG team."

Oh! I stare at him understanding it, British people. I discern his accent getting stronger when he says football. It's soccer darling, but you look so sexy saying football that I don't even mind.

"Yeah, I'm a PSG fan."

I love soccer since I'm a little girl and played with my brother and his friends. In high school, I played on the school soccer team and it provides me today a scholarship since I'm on the college team.

Well, being precise, I am on the college second team. I didn't get to the first one.

"Unusual for a girl," he states leaning against the kitchen cupboard and crossing his arms on his chest.

"What is unusual?" I cross my arms as well staring back at him.

"That I have keys? Or a key chain? Or a key chain from a soccer team? Or that the soccer team is a French one?" I questioned annoyed, I ignore the fact that his biceps are now in full display.

He's wakening the worst on me. I was in a pretty good mood. I had a normal day. Being locked outside my apartment hasn't ruined it. I merely came inside facing him grinning and 'bang'!

I'm hating that look on his face saying 'I know something that you don't'.

"Wow, I didn't mean to offend you. Just never saw a girl fan of football and supporting a team that never won a Champions League." He teased, adjusting his grin to a smirk for a few seconds and wakening the rest of my bad side.

"Yeah, I hope you are watching it to not miss their victory this year. Neymar is playing better than never, and I won't start talking about Mbappé."

"I'm watching, but they don't stand a chance against Chelsea!"

"With your defense? I doubt you'll arrive at the quarterfinals!" My voice reaches a high volume, without realising I'm almost screaming.