8. In my womb

After my long discussion with Dani, I left the living room to take a shower. I'm considering everything we have discussed Andrew while hot water falls on me. My main objective is to relax, nevertheless, the hot shower only makes me desire him even more. Revives the memory of how warm his body is and creates new ones, as to how delicious he would be under it.

All this talking and thinking about sex left me starving. I took my phone and head my way to the kitchen, distracted by my hunger, I haven't seen the new message displaying on the screen from an unknown number.

Hi Kelsey, it's Steve. I hope you have arrived home safely yesterday. I was wondering if you would like to have a drink with me tomorrow night?

Me: Hi Steve. Sure, I will love to.

I tried to be polite, but not to look too excited about it. What Andrew told me yesterday remained in my mind. I keep asking myself if Steve is inviting me on a date or just to have drinks as friends. If it was a dinner invitation would be obvious, but drinks are open to discussion. I didn't have the courage to ask about it tough. I prefer to let it like that, I like the guy and I could use a friend, just hope he has the same intentions.

Steve: Cool :) we can leave directly from college if it is ok for u?

Me: ok! See you tomorrow then!

Dani is already in the kitchen, happily singing a song by a band I don't know. She is good at discovering new good bands no one knows.

"Hope you don't mind, I put a frozen lasagna in the oven. It should be ready in fifteen".

"Oh, God bless frozen dishes! Sure, I don't mind I'm too tired to cook something else anyway."

I and Dani had dinner together discussing our favorite topic: people and why they behave in a certain way. I know it is weird. But we enjoy trying to understand people and the reasons they act the way they do. Why they are selfish, why they have chosen this and not that, etc. We believe everything has a reason, and of course, Dani as a good psychology lover adores figuring it out. My excuse is I do it to please her, but the truth is I really enjoy doing it as well, and it is truly my curiosity that drives me doing it. Tonight, our focus is, of course, on Andrew's behavior. The possible reasons why he is such a player. We haven't analyzed the reason why he is so bossy, hope it will be the next topic. We decided it is probably because of a broken heart he could never recover from. Too cliché to be true though, however, so far, we have barely acknowledged the guy. The reality is we know nothing about him, our entire analysis was based on the discussion Dani has heard between him and the desperate girl.

I sleep early after dinner, waking up in the middle of the night feeling sore. The terrible pain that keeps visiting me once a month came again. It is a strong colic ache; it seems my period is coming. I usually have strong cramps one or two days before my period. It is the reason why I usually keep a strong painkiller inside my cabinet on the right side of my bed. I take the last one before going back to sleep, trying to keep in my mind I have to buy another one tomorrow.

I wake up feeling better, the sun shines again after a dark night of pain. I prepare myself and go straight to class, no time caring about if I'm looking pretty or not. My little friends, the cramps, come back in the middle of the morning, making me almost scream in pain during lunch break. I decide to go to the college nursery to have some painkillers. I'm already at a pain level allowing me to stay only in a squishy position if I want to avoid an acute wave of pain attacking me.

"Oh, hon take these." The college nurse told me, giving me some painkillers with a glass of water.

"Thanks," I replied breathless, with a grimace of pain. It was so strong; I was afraid to take a long breath and make it even worst.