55. On a mission

Andrew's POV

Sipping my coffee while Alicia continues whining, I fell for the same shitty excuse again, believing it was really an emergency when she texted me.

I left my job earlier for this, postponed important tasks to hear her complaints. Again.

"Alicia, why don't you go back to London?" I finally ask, since she came, I don't understand what the hell she is doing here. She has nothing keeping her here, and I'm starting to believe she stays to have a reason to cry. In my ears.

"You know I want to have the experience, like you", I didn't miss how her face changed when I questioned her as I offend her or something. She thinks everything is entertaining. I'm not here for any amusing experience, I'm working my ass off, and I came because I didn't have a choice.

"You are miserable here", I state, aiming at her realization of it, I'm tire of how many times she declares I'm the only person she knows here, that she feels lonely.

"It's being difficult Andy", I grimace with the pronunciation of the nickname I hate, ignoring it this time, "but it is important to have the experience abroad, new culture, new language".

"Alicia, they speak English here", I point the obvious, I forget sometimes she has the same age as me. The silliness of her speech makes her look younger.

"The rest I mean, plus how would you do without me, huh?" she smiles when she concludes.

"Don't worried about me, I'm fine", I sip my coffee while looking around, I glance back at the door and for a second I presume I saw Kelsey there, but that's not the first time I imagined it lately, so I shake the thought away.

I'm considering appearing at her door with a takeaway, I wonder what type of culinary we haven't tasted together yet.

What prevents me is... I don't really know... Maybe the complication, how confused is our situation after everything that happened in London. The fact that I don't know how I should behave around her.

She got inside a part of my life I didn't mean to let anyone in, further than I'm ready to.

I realize it is too late and I recall every lecture Noah gave me about her, and how I should just 'man up and stop being a pussy' and talk to her. His words, not mine, I'm sure I'm already all man. But hell I'm considering doing it.

It shouldn't be that difficult even if I have never done it before, I don't even know what to say and if I consider the chances of me saying shit and making everything worst, I would abort the mission.

"I don't want to miss the opportunity from your father either", Alicia's statement and her hand again on my arm brought my attention back at her.

"What opportunity?" Any opportunity coming from my father shouldn't be good news.

"To work in his company", I stare at her smiling face for a second, she working? I don't see it. And she has her father's company to work on, so why bother with mine?

"What about your father's company?" I know both men's dream is to join it someday, and that probably my father's ambition on doing it that drove him to offer Alicia a job in his company.

"You know, I want to earn it, not being spoiled and working for my own father", she states and I almost choke with my coffee.

So subtle, I'm fucking working for my father!

I control my impulse to respond, but I know better and I know her for years now, I'm aware she doesn't realize the bullshit she says. Although that's exactly why I keep my meetings with her to the minimum, considering she is a good friend of my family and is here all by herself. I'm aware if she leads our encounters we presumably would be meeting every single day, she can be quite clingy. And she has a special clinginess just for me.