57. In an unexpected revelation

"Kels?" Dani calls me.

"Huh?"

"Ok, are you going to tell me what's going on?" She insists once again.

"I told you, nothing," I declare, avoiding her eyes and looking around the bar.

"Something is off Kels, just tell me..." I stare at her, misunderstanding what prevents me to spill out, to tell her everything. She is my best friend, yet I'm not able to tell her what is bothering me. As if it needs some time, to decompose into small pieces in my mind, pieces that are easier to deal with and then let it sink before I tell someone.

"I told you, I'm worried about my finals and anxious about my French college applications".

"I know is something else", she tells me and I respond with a small smile, I getting tired of my bullshit, even if I'm worried about all those things too, the true cause of my stress and sorrow isn't it. But I'm not ready to discuss it yet.

"So, what were you talking about?"

"As I was telling you I want to have a date with Eric, you know, a special date".

"That sounds awesome", I reply watching her keeping the smile since she pronounces his name.

"So, you wouldn't mind letting the apartment for us?"

"Of course not!" I promptly reply it makes me happy seeing her happy. And she is ecstatic.

"I want to do it tomorrow night if it is ok?"

"Yeah, sure no problem," I reply sipping my drink and looking around the bar again. Searching for something, not knowing exactly what I expect to find.

"Do you think I should cook?"

"Definitely not", I state, with the high chances of him going to a hospital or spending the rest of the evening throwing up it would undoubtedly kill the romantic mood.

"You are right, I don't want to repeat the tragedy happening when you cooked for me and Andrew, the poor guy", she returns winking at me. I watch her finishing her drink, paralyzed by the use of a certain name.

"How is he, by the way?" I felt poked by her question, suddenly setting on defensive mode.

"Fine, he is fine, everything is fine", I gulp knowing I answer it a bit too fast and I immediately welcome Dani's eyes analyzing me.

And for the rest of the night, I avoid the subject as she tried her best to come back to it. She doesn't push further, although the way she watches me reveals she recognizes what this is about.

What I haven't realized when I had agreed with Dani wanting to be the good friend I am, was that I don't have another place to stay other than Charles's apartment. Certainly the last place I want to be right now.

I can't go to my parent's house when I still have classes tomorrow morning. The last one before my finals.

I can't go to Brandon's either; he probably won't want to see me any time soon.

So, again, I can only go to Char and hope I won't face his roommate.

"Hey", I cheer relieved I find him alone in the living room.

"Hi, I hope you didn't come for dinner," Char tells me grinning and I notice he is wearing a tuxedo. Not his usual style of clothes yet it suits him well.

"Wow, where are you going?"

"A business dinner of a conference I have attended this week".

Char firstly grins and then he is frowning, struggling with his tie, is amusing watching his attempts to do it.