35. In an endless astonishment

"You took too long", the hands placed on my waist spun me around, and compel me to face Andrew, allowing him to place his lips on mine and taking the floor from beneath me.

His lips join mine in such a desperate kiss, attempting to fool me, to convince me he has missed me, he has thought about me all day as I did, that he was eagerly waiting for me.

I hate it because It makes me believe... to believe in something I should know better.

In our building hall, without thinking about any consequences of our acts, I simply wrap my legs around his waist, helping him in the process of taking me to his apartment.

No...No, Charles apartment. Charles.

Oh my God...

I squirm on his arms, detaching my legs from his waist, trying to untangle myself from this craziness, he still leading us inside the apartment, with me hanging, wriggling in his arms as an unruly child.

Was I too harsh on him last night that he hit his head on the bedhead and forgot Charles lives with him?

"What?" He finally stops kissing me, placing me on the floor inside the apartment, and closing the door.

"Charles!" I spit in response, trying to escape his arms that are still around me before Charles catches us.

"He is obviously not here", He states tilting his head to give me an annoyed look.

"He can still arrive-"

"I don't have a death wish Kelsey...he is at your parents' and will stay there until Sunday."

A deep breath invades my lungs and a relief wave takes over me. For a minute I thought...

"We have the apartment for us, we can do whatever we want..."

I watch the mischief spark in his eyes, he is still holding me against the wall. I don't respond, I continue staring, just wondering.

"Have you eaten?"

I shake my head in response, staring his eyes at the position we are in is providing me chills, is provoking something inside my stomach to turn or jump, or both, I'm not sure, what have I ate today? A living animal?

"What should I order?"

"I don't know," I never felt so uncomfortable around him before, I'm feeling naked already, exposed, and a need to cover, a perception of insecurity.

My heart keeps pounding in my ears, resonating, I can hear the 'thumps' coming fast one after another.

He takes his phone from his pocket, screening through it.

"Italian?"

"Sure", I watch him ordering the food on his phone using only one hand keeping me in place with the other, while he asks me my preferences.

My gaze memorizes each move of his, and I am embarrassed by his smile, the fact he is acknowledging me staring at him.

I couldn't care less about the food; I only regret the fact that I left my apartment this morning using cotton underwear and a sports bra.

"It arrives in forty minutes..", he informs staring back at me, "I'm wondering what we could do meanwhile we are waiting..."

The mischief sparkle in his eyes doesn't let space for doubts, I know exactly what he is thinking.

"Tell me, Kelsey, there is any place where you fantasize about?", He takes a lock of my hair in his hand, and I, I only have the image I create this afternoon of him bending me over the teacher's table flashing in my mind.