𝟎𝟏.

GRAY LIGHT FILLS my little room, I lie on my bed on my stomach, watching the little white bits of snow blow around outside

GRAY LIGHT FILLS my little room, I lie on my bed on my stomach, watching the little white bits of snow blow around outside. A thin layer of it covers the trees that surround the little house.

I pull at the hair tie that wraps around my wrist, not really even thinking about it. I flinch at the snap of it every time it makes contact with my skin.

A loud tap on my door startles me, I flinch and clear my throat, "Yes?" My voice is hoarse.

"Get ready. We're leaving soon." My sister says, her voice filled with authority.

I think, since the passing of our parents, she's really tired to mature, but I'd almost rather she didn't, for it just reminds me that she was forced to take responsibility for my brother and I, which always leads me to think of the horrific scene I stumbled into.

Her footsteps fade down the hallway.

My eyes trail over to the little suitcase that stands by my closet.

Right, our trip is today.

My siblings and I planned a vacation to take, to free our minds of mom and dads death.

But now that it has come down to it—I don't feel like going.

I had agreed to the spontaneous trip, thinking (and hoping) that it'd take away the protruding pain I felt every time I thought of my parents, but now that the day has come, I can already tell that this trip won't be of help. I guarantee that it'll make it even worse.

I don't feel like getting myself out of bed, let alone fly on a plane to another country.

I just can't see myself having a good time while my parents only died three short months ago, it doesn't seem right. It feels like I'm betraying them.

I crawl out of bed anyways, shivering as my bare feet hit the cold hardwood.

My feet patter loudly as I walk over to my dresser, I grab some sweats and dress quickly.

I tie my hair into a ponytail, using the hair tie from my wrist.

I look at my wrist once I tie it around the section of hair, a little spot was bleeding from the multiple snaps.

I sigh and wipe a drip of blood away with the sleeve of my hoodie.

I slip a pair of socks on and pull my charger out of the wall, along with my phone. I shove both in my pockets and grab the handle of my suitcase, I wheel it behind me to the kitchen.

I throw a quick glance over my shoulder to the living room, a sudden chill going up my spine.

My brother, Kolton, sits at the table, eating eggs and reading a book.

My sister, Meredith, is at the stove, stirring something in a pan.

Meredith is the oldest, being twenty three, she takes care of Kolton and I.