𝟎𝟔.

THE KITCHEN IS was big, probably bigger than my whole house

THE KITCHEN IS was big, probably bigger than my whole house. I run my hand along the cold, granite countertop.

"I don't come in here too often." Marcus laughs a musical, alto laugh.

"I could spend all day here." I laugh along with him.

"Do you enjoy cooking?" He asks, slightly leaning against the counter.

I shake my head, "I'm not too good at it. I can only make a few things."

"You might be out of luck then, I have no experience in cooking." He chuckles.

I open one of the cupboards and pull out a box of pasta, "It's fine, pasta is easy."

I pull a pot out and fill it with enough water, I place it on the stove top and go to light it but Marcus lightly pulls me back, I push my eyebrows together, "What?"

"I don't want you to get hurt. Humans are fragile." He turns the knob.

I smile, its kind of cute at how worried he was. "I make pasta all the time at home, I've never been hurt." I take my spot back in front of the stove, I take a wooden spoon and stir the water.

I can feel Marcus watching me intently.

I place the spoon down and step away from the stove, I pull the fridge open and pull out the other ingredients I need.

The silence in the room was peaceful, calming, I don't feel awkward or obligated to speak like I normally would have.

Though, I have to break the comfortable silence, "Do you know where the bowls are?" I turn around, being met with Marcus's chest, I had to look up to see his face. My eyes meet his crimson ones, my heart begins fluttering.

Marcus smiles and slightly steps over, he reaches up and grabs a bowl, he hands it to me.

"Thanks." I can already feel my cheeks heating up, I quickly turn back around the turn the stove off, I drain the water from the noodles.

I go to pick up the bowl after I finish preparing it, only to hiss at the hotness of the bowl.

Before I can really react, Marcus is grabbing the bowl, not reacting in any way to the heat.

He walks over to the large table and places it down, I follow behind him after a few seconds.

"Thank you." I say before pulling the chair out and sitting down, he does the same to the chair next to me.

"Of course." He places his chin on his fist.

The same calm, non-obligatory silence falls over us once more.

I began thinking of my time with Caius, realizing the silence with him is the exact same.

I break the silence, "Do you know a lot about this soulmate thing?"

Marcus lifts his head up and intertwines his fingers, placing his pale hands in front of him on the table, "I do."

"Well, could you answer some questions for me then? I'm kinda curious." Definitely curious.

"Of course," he nods, "what would you like to know?"

"I feel very comfortable around you three already—so comfortable I fell asleep with Aro," I flush at the memory, I notice Marcus' hands squeeze together tightly, I ignore it, "does that have something to do with the soulmate thing?"

Marcus nods, "It does, it's very common to feel comfortable with a soulmate—or three." He smiles.

"How do these things work? You said before I'm connected to all three of you? Our souls are connected? I-" I pause and sigh, "sorry, I don't mean to be rude with all of these questions."

Marcus quickly shakes his head, his hand slightly moves forward but he quickly places it back next to the other, "I don't mind, Isadora. I don't know how you are mated to all three of us, this type of thing is very, very rare. Your soul just happens to be attached to the three of us."

I slowly nod, "And soulmates are already rare enough as it is?"

"Yes, not as rare, but it's definitely still a very special thing." Marcus nods.

"How did you guys know I was your soulmate?" I look up from my bowl to Marcus, hes already watching me with curious eyes.

"I can see the bonds, that told me right away, so I showed Aro." He answers.

"You saw them?" I blink, "and-and showed Aro?"

"Yes, I saw them. I can see the bonds between other beings, it is my gift." He answers.

"How did you show Aro?" I raise an eyebrow.

He lifts his head up and stands up, grabbing my empty bowl, "That is something to ask him." He places my dish in the sink and turns around to face me, "are you ready to go back to your room?"

I nod, he places his icy hand into mine, I've grown slightly used to the feel of their cold hands, he leads me out of the kitchen and into the hallway.

"Did you have fun today?" He asks.

I smile, "I did."

"Good, I'm glad." We stop walking and I soon realize we are already standing in front of my door.

I smile up at Marcus and place my hand on the doorknob, "I'll see you later?"

"Of course. Take care, Isadora." Not even half a second later, he's walking down the hallway.

I smile to myself before turning the doorknob and stepping in my room, I close the door with my back.

I can feel my cheeks beginning to flush again.