𝟐𝟏.

MY FINGERS TANGLE around the grass that sticks into the meadow ground

I can feel something warm gushing out of my neck, I slowly bring my hand up to where the feeling is oozing from.

I pull my shaky hand back, to see crimson covering my palm and fingers.

I furrow my eyebrows and look away from my hand. Gasping at the sight that awaits for me; my parents, lying on the grass, blood dripping out of their necks from a wound. A man looms over them, the moonlight illuminating his bright, blood red eyes and white, chalky skin. Blood drips from the corner of his mouth.

A shaky sob breaks through my parted lips and salty tears escape from my tired eyes.

The man is suddenly in front of me, grabbing the sides of my face with his cold, dead hands.

His red eyes bore into my teary ones before he dips his head down, his dark hair tickles my exposed neck, making me cry out louder in fear.

"Wake up." He whispers harshly.

I can feel my confusion through my fear as he whispers again, "Wake up, Isadora."

Then, he starts rapidly shaking my shoulders.

The man slowly starts to fade away and his voice fades into my sisters.

My eyes flutter open, my sister sits next to me on my bed, worry evident in her eyes.

I relax at the familiarity of her face and the walls of my room.

I can feel my heart rate go back down to its normal pace.

Though, images of the dream keep flashing in my mind, sending chills all over my body.

I slowly sit up, wrapping my arms around my torso.

"Are you okay, Izz?" Meredith asks, eyes filled with worry.

I blink a few times, "I just need some fresh air." I mumble, my voice hoarse.

She mouths a little 'okay', while scooting off of my bed and exiting my room.

I follow shortly after—not before blindly grabbing a stick of gum off of my nightstand, hoping to mask my morning breath, in case I stumble into somebody—and head towards the back porch.