-𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

THE FRONT DOOR of the small home is pushed open, Isadora trudges into the house, kicking off her shoes and dropping her bag on the floor

Voices can be heard flowing from the living room, chatting happily, along with the beat of an old song that Isadora knows is her mothers favorite.

Isadora smiles and walks down the hallway that leads to the living room, the music grows louder and she hears her mother singing along to the melody.

Entering into the living room, Isadora can see her mother painting on a large canvas, bright colors stain the blank space as the paintbrush glides along the smooth surface. She belts the lyrics to the song that blares from a speaker.

Isadora's father watches his wife with adoration, placing his large book down next to him, giving her all of his utmost attention.

Isadora longs to one day hold that much admiration for one person, to be as happy as her parents were, she strives for it.

Isadora's mother turns her head, her azure eyes meeting Isadora's — which hold the same striking blue shade.

She places her paintbrush down carefully and turns the music down so it's just a mere hum in the background, "How long have you been home for, dear?"

Isadora fully walks into the living room, taking a seat on the couch next to her father. "Just a few minutes."

"And how long were you stalking us for?" Her father asks jokingly.

Isadora turns her head around to glare at him.

"Oh, stop teasing her, Jerry." Her mother scolds.

Jerry shakes his head at his wife, "I wasn't teasing her, Anne, it was a genuine question."

"I wasn't stalking, I was listening to moms terrific singing." Isadora smiles at Anne.

"See?" Anne looks back to Jerry, "People do enjoy my singing."

"Keep telling yourself that." Jerry mutters jokingly. "Anyways, where's your brother? Leave him at school again?"

Isadora snorts a laugh at the memory, "No, I didn't leave him at school again. He stayed behind to help with something."

"Ah," Jerry sighs, "I wanted to show him this new book I got." He says, holding up the book he was previously reading.

"Oh, well I'm sure he'll be home soon, I don't think it was supposed to take long." Isadora looks down at the large book, "What's that book about, anyways?"

Jerry's eyes light up and he immediately begins explaining the whole plot to Isadora — making sure to not leave out any details.

Isadora turns to Anne, who just chuckles and goes back to painting.

ISADORA HAS NO clue why she is just now remembering that moment as she lay in her bed, encircled tightly by the kings

But, Isadora does know that its a happy memory of her parents, one that feels like its happening right then and there, and one that pains her to think of only a few months ago, now makes her happy to think about.

She often thinks back to how happy she felt in that moment, how happy she used to be before the demise of her parents. After her parents death, she craved for the happy feeling to return. And it did.

Something that vividly sticks out from the memory was how much she strived and longed to one day love someone as much as her parents loved each other, yet another thing she achieved.

It is odd to think about how fast she had gotten these things, she knows it was only because she met the kings. Perhaps, if she hadn't met them, she would one day attain those desires, but they definitely helped speed the process up, and she is grateful for that.

She begins to feel excited for the years and years to come, knowing that she will get to spend them with her soulmates, many things await her and she cannot believe this is just the beginning.

THE
END.

—V—

im so VERY thankful for all of you taking time to read this story🥲.

THANK U AGAIN ILY ALL💘💓💕❤️💗🤍

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐃, 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬. 🎉