𝟏𝟏.

TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH.

I PUSH THROUGH the front door with a sigh and kick my shoes off

I'm about to head into the kitchen, but a sudden pit in my stomach causes me to stop.

I scrunch my eyebrows together and wrap my arms around my stomach. Its eerily silent, normally, the joyous laughter from my mother and father would fill the home, but I hear nothing, it's strange.

I clear my throat, "Mom?" No answer, "Dad?" Again, no answer.

I know they are home, because both of their cars are parked out front.

I turn around and head down the hall, walking to the end to where their bedroom is.

The door is wide open and I could already see from the hallway that they aren't in there.

"Mom?" I say louder than last time, my voice echoes through the empty hallway. Again, she doesn't answer.

I head back towards the kitchen, taking a sharp turn into the living room.

I gasp right as step into the living room.

I shoot up in my bed, a cold sweat covers my whole body.

I can feel the warm tears streaming down my face, and feel my hands shaking violently.

I often have these dreams, and wake up having a panic attack, though normally Meredith or Kolton help me fall back asleep.

I can hear the door open and someone walk into the room, but it's too dark to see who.

"Are you okay, Isadora?" Janes soft voice fills the quiet room.

I frantically shake my head, hoping she can see it.

"Do you need me to get someone?" She sounds worried—which, would have surprised me, if I wasn't in the middle of a panic attack.

"Yes." My voice is weak and shaky.

I can hear the door click shut, telling me that I am alone again.

These dreams, or flashbacks, have been happening at least once a month ever since I found my parents lifeless bodies in the family room.

They never get easier to deal with, or less terrifying to live through.

"Isadora?" I recognize the new voice as Aros.

"Aro." I breathe. I feel a wave of relief wash over me.

"What's the matter, amore?" He now stands right next to the bed.