𝟎𝟖.

"BANSHEE?" I look up from the book, confused as to why they are showing me this book

Aro nods, "We suspect you may be one—or a hybrid."

"What makes you think that?" I ask, my eyes studying the cover of the old looking book.

Aro chuckles, "Your scream. You killed an immortal with just your voice."

"We are very hard to kill, only a few things can harm us." Caius adds.

I feel a wave of guilt wash over me, I killed somebody. But, the more I remember what I did, the more I just realize I was defending myself, and the guilt vanishes into a little sprinkle of pride.

Aro reaches over and flips the book open, he taps his finger on the page.

I move my eyes down to read it.

"Banshee; a female spirit in Irish folklore who heralds the death of a family member, usually by wailing, shrieking, or keening. They often take form of a young woman."

I look back up, "I'm not a spirit, though. I'm a human." I point to the book.

"That's why we think you may be some sort of hybrid." Marcus says, sitting down next to me.

"But the book doesn't have anything about hybrids." Aro sounds disappointed.

I laugh humorlessly, "I think I would know if I was a supernatural creature."

"Did you see what you did to that man?" Caius questions.

I look over at him, the memory of the man making me flinch, "Yes." I mumble.

"You're definitely not a normal human." Aro says.

I nod.

"How long have you known about your screams, Isadora?" He asks.

"A few months." I think back to when I found my parents lifeless bodies sprawled out across the living room floor, their blood staining the carpet.

"What triggered it?" Marcus asks.

I swallow, the thoughts of my parents clouding my mind again, "Death."

"Whose death?" He asks, his voice grows softer—probably seeing the pained expression on my face.

I can feel all of their eyes on me, I keep mine down on my hands.

"My parents." I whisper.

I've never really talked about my parents death, not even to my siblings, really. Every time I try to speak about it, I get choked up. I clench my hands into fists.

A pale hand reaches over grabs mine, I follow the arm with my eyes, Marcus is holding my hand.

I exhale at the touch; feeling calm.

"I'm sorry, Isadora. I didn't mean to cause you distress." A frown pulls down at the corner of his lips.

I shrug and clear my throat, "You didn't know."

Marcus and Caius look at Aro after I speak, Caius scowls at Aro, Marcus's frown just grows larger.

I watch them for a second before standing up, my legs slightly shaky, their heads whip over to me.

"Are you okay?" Aro asks.

I send him a tight lipped smile, "I'm kinda tired, I don't feel good either." My throat hurts and my head is pounding.

They send each other worried glances.

"Could one of you come with me? I don't think I could defend myself again." I shrug.

Caius is next to me before the other two, grabbing my hand protectively, my heart beat picks up at the interaction and I grow giddy; I felt like I'm in elementary school, dealing with a crush.

I bid my goodbyes to Aro and Marcus before exiting the library with Caius.

"I'm sorry that happened to you, truly. You'll be protected from now on." He says reassuringly.

I raise an eyebrow, "Protected?"

"You'll have a guard with you at all times." He says, "But we'll also try to be with you as well, though it'll be tough."

"Oh, okay." The thought of being around anymore vampires sends chills down my spine.

"Don't worry about getting harmed ever again, most of us have great self control." He tells me.

I chuckle, "Except for that one guy."

"He was of the lower guard, they aren't as controlled." Caius says.

"Oh, right." I nod along.

He sighs before opening the door to my room, I didn't even realize we were here.

I step in and turn around to see him standing in the door way, looking down at me, "Do you want to come in?"

He slightly frowns, "No. I have to get going, I'll see you soon, Isadora."

I go to say something, but hes gone, leaving just a gust of warm air behind him.

I sigh and close the door, I flop down on my bed and close my eyes.