𝟏𝟎.

THEIR FOOTSTEPS SOUND like air compared to mine as we walk through the desolate hallways

My hand is still connected with Marcus's, and we still walk in front of Aro and Caius in a comfortable silence, the only sounds being my heavy footsteps and light breathing.

Only after a few minutes of walking, we slowly come to a stop by a tall set of doors with a little window placed next to it.

The window looks out to a bed of flowers that are lit up the moonlight, they lightly sway in the wind.

The sound of a door being pushed open pulls me away from the window and towards the noise. Aro is stands holding one of the doors open with his arm.

Marcus pulls me through the now open door and out into the night.

We stand on a gravel path, where I can finally hear the approaching footsteps, rather than only hearing my own.

I look up from my feet to get a glance at the garden; quickly becoming amazed.

Beautiful green hedges stand all around us, almost like a fence.

Rows of multiple different types of flowers sway against the night sky, contrasting beautifully. They give the air a lovely fresh scent.

A large fountain sits in the middle of all of this, the sound of water falling fills the silence, shrubs surround it, almost like they were planted there to protect it.

I find myself awestruck at the beauty stored here.

"Do you like it?" Marcus's deep voice rings from next to me, making me look away from the colorful flowers and fountain.

A smile quickly spreads across my face, "It's gorgeous."

His hand lightly squeezes mine, "I agree."

A sudden gust of wind blows my hair around and makes me shiver—making me realize how freezing I actually am.

I drop Marcus's hand and rub my bare arms, trying to create some sort of friction.

Only seconds later, a soft material is thrown over my shoulders, almost instantly warming me up.

I look down and see a long, black cloak flowing onto the ground from my body, I lift my head up to see whose it is. My answer is soon found when I see Marcus standing there, cloak-less, only now wearing a fancy suit and his V necklace.

I inhale, preparing to speak but, before I can, I notice a faint smell of paper and a warm cologne—the scent relaxes me.

I quickly come back to reality and smile at Marcus, "Thank you."

He smiles back warmly, "Of course." He reaches out for my hand, I quickly grab his.

We then begin walking again, I can feel the cloak dragging behind me.