𝟐𝟕.

ISADORA WATCHES AS Santiago lunges at Afton, (whom she was just introduced to) Afton quickly jumps out of the way, causing Santiago to miss him by only a mere few inches

ISADORA WATCHES AS Santiago lunges at Afton, (whom she was just introduced to) Afton quickly jumps out of the way, causing Santiago to miss him by only a mere few inches. Afton grabs Santiago and flips him onto the matted floor, pinning him down.

Isadora laughs at Santiago's disgruntled expression. He narrows his eyes at her, "Do you want to try?"

She smirks, "Gladly."

Afton moves out of the way so Isadora can take his spot.

Santiago jumps up and takes a few steps backwards.

"Wait," he pauses, "have you ever fought anyone before?" Santiago raises an eyebrow.

Isadora shrugs, "No. But how hard can it be?"

"Considering he's a vampire, pretty hard." Afton comments.

Santiago sighs, "I guess we'll have to practice first, then."

So, the next hour Santiago and Afton teach isadora how to dodge somebody running at her, and how to throw a proper punch—and how to not get hit by one.

Sweat coats her forehead as she stands a few feet away from Santiago, finally ready to try and pin him down.

"Ready?" He asks cautiously.

Isadora nods and smiles.

Santiago runs at her with much less speed than he used with Afton, but Isadora is too busy watching him run at her to move, allowing him to knock her onto the floor.

She groans and slowly stands up.

Santiago is already across from her, "Ready?"

She huffs and nods—the smile from before now gone, replaced with an angry frown.

Santiago runs at her again, and before he can knock her back, she steps out of the way like Afton did at the beginning of the lesson. She grabs his shoulder once he comes to a stop, he slams back on the mat. Isadora places her shoe on his chest and points her fist at his face.

"Are you impressed?" She lifts her eyebrows up jokingly.

Santiago pushes her leg off of his chest and springs up, "Sure."

Isadora is no doubt proud of herself, the smile that now on speaks across her face shows that.

Santiago and Afton are suddenly very stiff, eyes trained on the entrance of the room.

Isadora spins around to see Caius standing in the doorway.

She smiles and drags her hand across her forehead, wiping away the sweat.

"Santiago, Afton, you're dismissed." Caius orders curtly, walking towards Isadora.

Santiago and Afton are gone in the blink of an eye, breezing past Isadora.