𝟑𝟏.

mentions of self harm and death.

WITH A TIRED, yet angry sigh, Isadora grabs her phone off of the stand next to her bed that rings loudly, squinting to read the screen

She groans after seeing that the call is from Meredith, and harshly taps the answer button, holding the phone up to her ear.

"Meredith, it's like 9 AM over here!" She says, trying to sound mad, but the grogginess of her voice stops her from achieving that.

"Oops! Sorry." Meredith snorts, "I keep forgetting."

Isadora scoffs, "What do you need?"

"I have news!" Meredith exclaims.

Isadora cringes at the loudness of her voice and sits up, holding the thick blanket close to her body. The air in her room is cold, due to the window being cracked open, letting in cool air from the outside.

"Sounds exciting." Isadora says, her voice monotone.

She could hear Meredith sigh on the other end, "Kolt and I are coming to Italy."

Isadora's droopy eyes open wide and she sits up straight, "Really?" Excitement laces her tired voice.

"Yep. It's been hell here, staying away from our soulmates and all." Meredith states.

"Well, when are you coming? And for how long?" Isadora asks, getting out of bed and searching for a hoodie to throw over her body.

"We're leaving on Friday, so two days." Meredith pauses and sighs, "We'll be there for a while."

Isadora chuckles, "How long is 'a while', Mer?"

"We're getting ready to move there, Izz. We're being changed soon, remember?" Meredith says, her voice softening to tell Isadora the news.

Isadora freezes, feeling slightly shocked.

She knows Meredith and Kolton are to be changed into vampires eventually. She just didn't expect it to come so soon. She understands, of course, but is still stunned by how close it is. And on top of that, they're moving to Italy and Isadora had no clue about it until now. It's a lot to unpack.

"Did you have a heart attack?" Meredith asks nervously.

"When did you decide all of this?" Isadora questions.