Ten - Wolf

A/N - So not to confuse - this chapter takes us a step back to show Wolf's POV with him and Pearl in the study

A/N - So not to confuse - this chapter takes us a step back to show Wolf's POV with him and Pearl in the study.  As always, thanks for reading!

~~~~

Seth closed the study door behind him as I rose from the ground, my bones and muscles still readjusting from the change, which had taken a little longer as my wolf was flat out refusing to give up control.  

The repetitive slogan, mate, mate, mate occupied his thoughts and made his intentions crystal clear. He wanted to return outside and stake his claim, warding off any other potential males for our mate.

I wouldn't deny it was on my mind too. I'd never expected a mate's touch to be so overwhelming, her smell had been enough to drive me insane with want.  

Reaching behind me, my fingers felt for the arm of the sofa where Seth had put my clothes. I couldn't see Seth, but I could hear his mind ticking over. "Something on your mind, Seth?"

"Pearl? She is your mate?" It was more of a statement than a question and pointless to deny it.

"Yes."

"Fuck," he said, surprised. "If I hadn't seen you outside with her. I never would have believed it."

Seth was un-mated and a year younger than me.  Finding his mate as with most of age was not considered a priority, not until our duties to my sister had been fulfilled and she became the all-powerful enchantress they fated her to be, in all purposes a living breathing embodied Goddess.

"Well, damn. I was wondering why you'd sent me to find her. Wolfsbane, you're lucky Wolf. She's something alright."

Again, I sensed an unusual undertone or perhaps better described—a yearning. Did Seth desire to find his mate?

"Shall I instruct preparations?" he asked with a tad too much excitement in his tone. Referring to a mating ceremony, which was the furthest thing on my mind.

"No, I will not be taking Pearl as my mate—" he interrupted.

"What—surely you're not serious, Wolf. To reject your mate is akin to halving your soul?"

Seth spoke his mind, but never in such a bold manner. Often the more reserved of those closest to me. "Have you forgotten what's important here Beta, our purpose above all else?" My tone lowered and a deep grumble vibrated through my chest. 

He shifted on his feet and I knew his eyes would be bulging. "Wolf, you taking a mate does not interfere with us finding Willa or her fulfilling her purpose." He paused, allowing for a measured breath. "Locating Willa, ensuring her safety is everyone's priority. Not resting until we find her. And woe betide those who seek to bring harm upon her." He sounded offended.

Walking around my desk, I pulled out my chair and sat. "You did not let me finish. I will take Pearl as my mate when I'm good and ready and not before."