Fourteen - Pearl

He's awake!

He's awake!

I was excited and scared in equal amounts as sparks jumped between our fingers, and had my stomach running the four-minute mile. His eyes opened and for the first time, I could see them clearly. Stopping myself from nervous giggling It didn't register he couldn't see me as the swirls of silver that dominated his pupils were like liquid mercury. They shifted, darkened and lightened with each indirect movement—nothing like I'd ever seen before, almost hypnotizing.

"Where—?" he stopped and inhaled. "Pack hospital." He growled as his awareness of his surroundings increased. He released my hand as if he's been holding poisoned ivy. And my heart deflated along with hoping he may have woken up happy to find me here with him. 

Had he hoped Bella would be be here? Nah, I knocked that idea from my head. Although we would be having chat about her soon enough.

His head lifted from his pillow, turning towards the door, where Sylar stood silently waiting. "I can hear you breathing, your scent is unfamiliar. Announce yourself."

Sylar took a step forward, lowering his head out of respect for the Alpha that lay before him. "My name is Sylar Dufrene Alpha, my apologies I meant no disrespect. I came by to check on Pearl, my cousin, to see if she needed anything."

Sylar's gaze flicked to mine, apologies written across his face. 'I should go. Will you be okay... alone with The Alpha?' he asked.

Offering a quick nod. 'I'm good.'

'Link me if you need me.' He backed out from the room, closing the door behind him.

I had wanted to ask him to get a quick read on the Alpha before he left, but that would no doubt earned me a lecture on using him when I felt like it, then bitching when he read my mind. Can't have it both ways!

Returning my attention to The Alpha, I stiffened instinctively.  Speak Pearl! "Do you want me to get Eve? Are you in any pain—do you feel okay?" The guilt which had disguised itself as excitement the moment his eyes opened removed its mask, tightening across my stomach.

He waved off my suggestion, his eyebrows pinched together as he pushed himself up to sit more in an upright position.

The thick covering that had been sitting just below his impressive pecs whilst lay flat slipped further down, now resting along the v of his abdomen. I could see a delicious trail of hair from below his belly button down, disappearing under the covering.

I double blinked as a burst of heat flooded my body, which was odd because I'd been in the room alone with him, knowing he was naked beneath those covers.

I guess something had otherwise occupied my indecent mind as I hadn't taken the opportunity to take a sneak peek at his fine, god-like form. But him sitting up now, had me visually gobbling him up like my favourite candy, every flex of those mouth-watering arm muscles. I might have drooled a little as I tried not to look, but my greedy eyes fixed on his smooth, broad chest—the one I would happily climb up.