Seventeen - Willa

A/N:  Thanks for all the kind messages last week

A/N:  Thanks for all the kind messages last week.  I have the loveliest readers!  Writing has been a welcome distraction this week and so I have two chapters!  Thanks for reading.  Take care, Chrissy xx

~ ~ ~ ~

It went beyond my wildest thoughts that the Dream-realm was something beyond conscious thought. But here stood with Sylar and Elder Ester it was surreal.

Ester gripped my wrists, chanting a spell, freeing me from the sadistic binds that Ember had enchanted with dark magic. 

"How?" I held up both wrists, twisting them to see the markings fade. "I don't understand."

"Young Willa, magic is simply energy and energy is universal... transferable.  And although it is true that we bound your magic when you were barely a few hours old." She paused.  "But that is the key here, bound, never taken... veiled if you wish."

"What, so I have it back now?" I didn't feel any different, looking at my hands, expecting some kind of magic sparks to erupt.

She shook her head, suppressing her humor.  "No, young one.   Let's say the mask slipped whilst I took what was required."

Would have been nice if someone could have told me sooner.  "Does this mean Ember cannot hold me hostage?" A slither of excitement danced through my tummy.  "I'm free to escape?"

Her eyes widened before dropping to emit sadness.  "There are few times I have failed in this world—your sister being one of them."

I wondered if she knew of the Elder's death that had been charged with Ember's care?

She read my thoughts. "We should not worry about the tides we cannot turn."  Here she went with another cryptic one liner. No wonder she frustrated my father and now Cassius. "I will guide your brother and mate to you.  But you must go now. The longer we delay, the higher the prospect she will come to learn of this."

My gaze fell on Sylar.  This was the first time we had stayed in the dream-realm for more than a few moments and the attraction between us was like a tangible silver thread drawing us together. 

Every moment we'd shared inside this realm there was a connection that went beyond anything I could have imagined... a body, soul and mind bond in equal measures that overwhelmed me in the most beautiful of ways.

I sucked in a breath; his mesmerizing blue eyes were intoxicating and brought a delicious warmth to the ache in between my thighs.  It was not unusual for my body to respond to his, and I ached for his touch, to feel his skin on mine.  And I hoped it wouldn't be much longer until this dream would become a reality.

My lips lifted into a slow smile, as did his, and a heat coiled in my chest and a provocative desire thrummed through me.  

My mate certainly qualified as handsome. His sharp nose and full lips were masculine, yet beautiful.  His dark hair flopped messily and the urge to run my hands through it forced me to brace myself. The gods had certainly blessed me.