EPILOGUE

The next few days, Aayat tried her best to behave normal. But it was killing her.

Not being able to see Kaif everyday was killing her.

But she also knew that she had to get over Kaif. After all, he belonged to someone else.

Salima also noticed Aayat's behavior. Even though Aayat was saying everything is fine, her mother could see right through her facade.

On a Sunday evening, Salima enters Aayat's room. She is wearing black saree with lemon yellow blouse.

"Get dressed." That's all she says while pulling out a white kurti and palazzo pants along with a blue dupatta.

"I am not going anywhere." Aayat replies, bored.

"My sweet daughter, I am not giving you a choice. Wear this." She says, keeping her hand on her hips.

Aayat knows that it's of no use to argue with her mother.

Sighing, she grabs the outfit from her mother's hand and goes to the washroom to change.

When she comes out, she sees her mother going through her accessories. Salima makes her sit in front of the mirror, and gives her a pair of silver danglings to wear.

"Mom, where are we going? Is it a party or what?" She asks while Salima applies kohl in her daughter's eyes.

"A dinner party."

"Where?"

"Somewhere. You ask too many questions." Salima says.

Finally, Salima gives Aayat a pair of silver sandals.

Aayat asks again about their destination while Salima drives the car, but when she gets no answer, she gives up and plays the radio to keep her mind occupied.

"We're here." Salima says while applying the breaks to stop the car.

"Finally," Aayat exclaims and looks out of the window.

Her eyes widen when she realises where they are.

"Mom, what are we doing at Kaif's house?" She turns to look at her mother but is met with an empty driver's seat.

She looks around and sees her mother already walking towards the main door.

"Mom," She calls her while coming out of the car herself.

Salima ignores her and keeps walking. Aayat has to run to catch her. But by the time she reaches her, Salima has already rung the doorbell.

"What are you doing? Why are we here?" Aayat hisses at her mother.

Salima again chooses not to answer.

"Mom, if you don't tell me what's going on right now.."

Before she can finish, the door opens. Ameera stands in front of them with a warm smile on her face.

"Assalamualaikum! We were waiting for you." Ameera welcomes them.

"Wasalam. Sorry for the delay. Aayat here took time to get dressed."

"Yeah, but the time was worth it. Mashallah, you look absolutely beautiful, Aayat." Ameera keeps a hand on Aayat's head.

"Thank you," Aayat blushes.

"AAYAT!" Sarah enters the living room and wraps her hands around Aayat.

Aayat chuckles at her and hugs her back.

She hadn't realised how much she has missed Yousufs in the past few days until she saw them today.

From the corner of her eyes she sees Kaif and Junaid enter the room. Kaif was dressed in blue jeans and white shirt. The shirt's first two buttons were undone and his sleeves were folded, giving Aayat a delicious view of his chest and arms.