X

The pre-wedding rituals were held on Thursday and Friday, and the nikah was scheduled on Saturday afternoon.

During all those rituals, Shayaan had worked his charm on most of the members of the Ibrahim khandaan. He helped the men with all the arrangements, and also gave a hand to the ladies in their jobs.

Mumtaz, Zara's mother, had gotten really impressed by Shayaan and much to Zara's irritation, she had also blurted out some embarrassing habits of Zara in front of him.

Zara and Shayaan had no time to talk to each other as every corner of the mansion was always filled with relatives and guests. But they sure had stared at each other a lot. It was impossible for him to take his eyes off her when she was around him, and neither could she resist him, especially with all those Indian outfits he was wearing.

Saturday came a lot quicker than Shayaan liked, because he knew that he and his family were leaving in the night while Zara had her flight back on Sunday.

The nikah went by smoothly, and Zara was absolutely thrilled for her cousin sister. After the ceremony, Zara was checking the catering arrangements when she felt presence behind her.

"MashaAllah," Shayaan whispered near her ears, making her freeze on her spot.

Her heartbeats quickened in nervousness and fear. Nervous because he was standing too close to her, and fear of getting caught by someone.

She looked around to check if anyone was looking at them, and then turned around to face him.

"Koi dekh lega." She said to him in a low tone.

"Jaa raha hoon," He smiled, "Bas aapko yeh kehne aaya tha ki behad khoobsurat lag rahi hai aap."

That was enough for her to turn red, while he padded away as if nothing happened. Zara looked around once again to make sure no one saw, and then left to inform guests that lunch had been served. But what she didn't know was that their cute moment was witnessed by Anabia Baig.

That night, Zubaid, Anabia and Shayaan bid their goodbyes to the Ibrahims. Shayaan sat in the car and his eyes found Zara. They kept staring at each other till the car drove away.

Zara knew that she'd see him in college on Monday, but she still missed him.

______________

"Thore din aur ruk jao, aapi." Noorie cutely requested her elder sister.

It was Sunday morning and Zara was doing her packing. Her flight to Delhi was in five hours.

"I wish ruk sakti. But placements shuru hone wale hai agle mahine se, and I can't miss lectures any more." Zara said while folding her jeans and placing it in the bag.

"Vaise lectures se yaad aaya, kya aapke college mein saare professors Shayaan jitne hot hai?" Noorie excitedly asked while plopping herself on the bed.

Zara did her best to keep a straight face on hearing Shayaan's name.

"What? Ab yeh mat bolna that you don't find Shayaan hot!" Noor added when she got no response from Zara.

Before Zara could reply, her mother entered her room.

"Beta, keep this too." She handed Zara a few boxes of home cooked snacks. Then she looked at Noor and glared at her.

"What are you still doing here? Don't you have an exam tomorrow?"

Noor giggled nervously, "Woh, ammi, I thought I'll spend some time with aapi before she leaves. Exams ka kya hai, aate jaate rehte hain!"

"Haan, Noorie ji, exams aate jaate rehte hai, bas aapke marks hi kabhi nahi aate. Fauran jao aur padhne baitho. Aapi ko nikalne mein abhi thora waqt hai." Her mother scolded her and sent her away, while Zara just laughed witnessing that.

Mumtaz then sat on the bed and started helping Zara in her packing.

"Zara, aapse kuch baat karni thi." She started the conversation.

"Ji, ammi. Kahiye na."

"Zubaid bhai aur Anabia bhabhi ne kal jaane se pehle aapke bade abbu aur abbu se kuch baat ki thi."

"Kya baat?" Zara couldn't understand.

"Unhe aap Shayaan ke liye pasand aa gayi hai, aur unhone aapke liye rishta bheja hai."

The world stopped for a second for Zara, as she stared at her mother, flabbergasted. Did she actually hear what she thinks she heard? Or is she dreaming?

"Ri-rishta? You mean shadi? Shayaan sir se?" She fumbled with her words. Mumtaz nodded.

"But woh mere professor hai!"

"Toh kya hua? Kuch mahino mein tumhara MBA khatam ho jayega, phir toh tumhare professor nahi rahenge woh." She stated.

"But.." Zara's mind was running in all directions, but she had nothing to say.

"Zara, aap par koi zabardasti nahi hai. Aur na hi aapko abhi jawab dena hai. Aapke abbu ko rishta pasand aaya islea unhone mujhe aapse baat karne kaha. Ab haan ya na aapki marzi se hoga." Her mother assured her.

"Kya Shayaan ko pata hai ki uske walid ne rishta bheja hai?" Zara needed to know this.

"Pata nahi."

Zara got lost in her thoughts. Yes, she knew she liked him. But marriage was a big decision. Was he the right person for her? But moreover, was she even ready for marriage?

Mumtaz understood her dilemma. "Wapas Delhi jao aur ho sake toh Shayaan se baat karo is baare mein. Aur phir agar aapko lagta hai ki aap ek dusre ke saath poori zindagi bita sakte hain, toh hi haan karna."

Zara embraced her mother and closed her eyes. The face of Shayaan flashed in front of her.

"Ammi, I'm scared."

"Why scared? We're always here for you. Aur mujhe poora yakeen hai ki agar yeh rishta ho gaya toh Shayaan bhi tumhara hamesha khayal rakhega."

Mothers have a sense to judge what is good for their children and what is bad. And Mumtaz had a strong feeling that Shayaan was the one for her precious daughter.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

The story is coming to an end. One or two chapters more before epilogue.

Keep voting, guys!