I

"Would you like to tell us all what is going on so interesting outside the class that you chose to concentrate on that over this lecture, Ms Hashmi?" The voice of the professor, Mr Murthy, echoed in the lecture room.

Nausheen Hashmi, who was intently looking outside the window, snapped her eyes at the professor and blinked before opening her mouth, "There are two dogs fighting in the garden."

The rest of the students cracked up, but one glare from the professor shut them up.

"Why are you wasting your time here then? Please go out and cheer for your favorite dog." The old man spoke.

"Nah, it is okay.." Nausheen was trying really hard to hold her laughter but the rest of the students were not helping as their hushed giggles were prominent.

"Get out!" The professor snapped, making Nausheen sigh. She stood up, stuffed her books into her bag and started walking. Just as she was about to step out of the class, her eyes fell on the guy who had intrigued her from the first day of university, Moiz Syed. He was what you'd call a typical nerd, with his nose always in a textbook. And it was no surprise to the students and professors when he scored the highest in their first semester exams. They were now in their second semester of Masters in Economics in the Bangalore School of Economics and Business.

After leaving the classroom, Nausheen lazily struted towards the canteen. She ordered a cup of iced tea and chicken nuggets for herself and took a seat on her group's unofficial reserved table. While waiting for her friends to join her after the lecture got over, she munched on her food and scrolled through her social media.

"That was lit, girl!" A male voice said to Nausheen while sitting on the chair in front of her. Nausheen looked up to see her friends, Sanket and Radhika.

She smirked at Sanket's comment, while Radhika rolled her eyes. "What was so lit about it? She got thrown out of the class." She deepened. "Nausheen, you need to stop messing with the professors."

"Come on, Rads. You take everything very seriously." Nausheen shrugged.

"Yeah. Take a chill pill." Sanket said and forwarded his hand to take a chicken nugget from Nausheen's plate, but instead got hit by her. He made a pained expression. "You too take a chill pill." He groaned.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't share food? Go, get your own." Nausheen scolded him.

With an irritated face, he stood up to go to the counter to order his and Radhika's lunch, but not before muttering how Nausheen was such a Joey.

"What happened in class after I left?" Nausheen asked Radhika.

"Murthy Sir completed the chapter, and yes, he has given us a major assignment whose marks will be added in the internals." Radhika informed her while taking out a five-paged assignment from her bag.

Nausheen flipped through it in horror. "I don't understand a word written on it."

"Well, what else do you expect? You have spent half of the Market Structure lectures looking outside the window and daydreaming, and the rest half getting thrown out by Murthy sir." Radhika ranted.

Nausheen made a dirty face. "Well, it is not my fault that it is such a boring subject."

"Keep complaining like a baby. Maybe that'll help you understand the concepts." Radhika said sarcastically.

Nausheen sighed in stress. "I'm gonna fail this subject."

Radhika couldn't see her friend with that long face, so her voice turned softer. "Hey, I can tutor you."