X

Ahad's eyes scanned the contract papers in front of him before he scribbled his signature on it. "This deal is closed. Is there any other work left?" He asked his assistant.

"No, sir."

Ahad got up from his chair, picked up his jacket and started to walk out of his office. His assistant followed. The office was almost empty given that it was 10 in the night. Ahad had stayed late today so that he could wind up all his work before he went on a three week holiday from tomorrow for his wedding. Yes, the functions for Seher and his wedding were commencing from tomorrow followed by a two-week long honeymoon trip. He was taking his wife to Italy.

Upon reaching home, he found all the ladies of the home in the living room, doing the last minute preparations.

"Ammi, dinner." He tiredly asked Almaas.

Almaas gave him a teasing look. "Ask your fiance, I'm retired from your duties now."

He looked at Seher, who blushed in response while standing up to go to the kitchen.

Ten minutes later, she was serving him hot food in the dining room. Filling up his glass of water, she was about to leave, but he stopped her by holding her hand. "Sit with me." He requested.

She nodded and sat beside him. They spent the next several minutes in silence, as he ate and she observed him. He was not fond of talking while eating and she had no problem with it. After finishing his rice and chicken, she passed him a bowl of kheer.

"Kiddo, give us some kheer as well." Sahil said as he came into the room along with his twin.

Ahad glared at him, "Bhabhi."

Sahil's eyes widened and he nodded quickly. "Of course, bhabhi. Bhabhi-jaan, please give us some kheer as well."

Seher chuckled and passed them their third bowl of kheer in the past two hours.

After Ahad was done with his food, he took his dirty dishes to the kitchen and she made her way up to the terrace. It was a full moon night. Looking at the night sky, she took a deep breath.

"What are you thinking?" She heard Ahad's voice before she felt his muscular arms slip around her waist as he hugged her from behind.

She leaned back at him. "Just cherishing the last night of my single-hood."

"Excuse me! You'd still be single tomorrow. It is just your mehendi tomorrow, we're not getting married until the day after."

"I know," She turned around in his arms to face him, "But I'll be wearing your name's mehendi tomorrow. In a way, I'll become yours." She shyly said.

He smiled at that and leaned closer to her. "You're mine now and you'll be mine forever." He pressed a kiss on her forehead. To hide her blush, she hid her face in his chest and hugged him tightly. She couldn't believe that two months ago, she was against marrying this man because she thought that he'd be an unromantic and strict husband. Oh, how silly she was!

________________

Mahnoor wore her golden jhumka that matched perfectly with her sky blue colored suit and smiled into the mirror. She was really happy with her look and wanted to admire herself some more, but she knew that if she didn't go down now, her mother would kill her. In getting Seher ready for the mehendi function and checking with the caterers, she had lost track of time.

Slipping into her beautiful pair of mojri, she ran downstairs. The area of the back of the villa, near the swimming pool, was decorated with bright yellow sunflowers that contrasted perfectly with the white colored lehenga that Seher was adorned in. And matching her was Ahad, who wore white kurta, and his kurta had the same design as Seher's lehenga. The bride had especially customized their outfits.

Mahnoor went to Seher and both the cousins gushed over the mehendi design for a while before some ladies pulled Mahnoor to dance with them on the beats of dhol. She then got her mehendi done as well.

In the evening, after wrapping up the party, Mahnoor was leaving for her room to take some rest when she heard her mother, Jabira, and Zafar's mother, Fauzia, talking in the kitchen.

"The family is really good. You should consider her." Jabira said.

"She is very beautiful as well. I think they'll look good together." Fauzia replied.

"Who'll look good together?" Mahnoor entered the kitchen and asked curiously.

Fauzia smiled at Mahnoor. "A friend of Jabira came today for the function and she proposed an alliance for Zafar and her daughter, Saba."

Mahnoor was taken off guard. It took her a second to respond. "Alliance..what alliance? Marriage, you mean?"

"Hmm," Jabira hummed.

"Zafar's marriage?" Mahnoor asked again to confirm, but instead got hit on the shoulder by her mother. "Zafar bhai," Jabira corrected her, "He's older than you."

Mahnoor ignored what her mother said and looked at Fauzia. "But how can she? I mean she didn't even see Zafar so how come she just asked for his hand for her daughter?" Zafar had not attended today's mehendi function since he had to be in the office for an unavoidable meeting.

"Zafar is a Khan, his pictures are all over the internet. And she met the family today and liked everyone." Jabira replied.

"Yeah, but.." Mahnoor tried to come up with a reason to justify that Zafar's marriage with a random girl was as impossible as it felt in her head. She wanted to shout at her ammi and Fauzia mami and ask them how they could think of some other girl. How could they not see that she was right there, in front of them?

Ever since she had had those unholy thoughts about Zafar in his office two months ago, she had not been able to get him out of her mind. At that time, she thought that it was just a one-time thing, but she had never been more wrong in her life. Those feelings inside her heart had only increased with time. At first, it used to really confuse her and she used to feel guilty of her emotions, but eventually she realised that she had fallen for her cousin and that there was no going back.

And the fact that someone was trying to get married to him was making her heart shatter.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

I can't come up with any choices to give you guys today. So how about you give me some and I'll choose.