V

"What about the guest list?" Mariyam pointed out.

It was time to plan out the wedding. Both the sets of parents were connected with Avira and Ashar on video call, along with the wedding planner that they'd hired.

Avira and Ashar were seated in the office of the wedding planner.

"Avira and I have decided that we want a small wedding. So not more than 100 guests." Ashar answered, while Avira nodded in agreement.

"Just 100 guests?" Bushra asked in a disappointed tone.

"It is their wedding. Let them decide." Salim, Bushra's husband, kept a comforting hand around her shoulder and spoke with a reassuring smile. Bushra was not completely convinced as she wanted to have a huge wedding for her son, but agreed to it nonetheless. Salim discreetly winked at Ashar and he returned the wink with a grateful smile. Avira saw this and smiled to herself. Since they both had agreed to the marriage, Avira had talked to her in-laws on call a few times and she had started to love them as well.

After they were done discussing all the major things, they disconnected the call. The destination for the wedding was decided to be Dehradun.

"Ugh, wedding planning is tough." Avira sighed.

Ashar chuckled at her state.

"Don't worry ma'am, we'll try our best to make the process smooth for you both." The wedding planner spoke.

Avira and Ashar were then shown the different designs of wedding cards and it took almost an hour for them to select theirs.

It was almost 4 in the evening when they bid goodbye to the planner and their team.

"You're going back to the office?" Ashar asked her.

"Yes, you?"

"Me too." He replied.

They reached the parking lot and he walked her to her car. "Drive safe."

"You too." She smiled at him.

He opened his arms and wrapped it around her. She gladly accepted the hug. All her tiredness seemed to have slipped away. She felt at home.

"I can't believe we still have 45 days until our marriage? How am I supposed to wait so long?" He spoke into the hug.

"You'll be fine. And we can always meet." She replied while hugging him tighter.

"I don't just want to meet you. I want to live with you."

It had been almost a fortnight since he had put a ring on her finger, and since then, they'd gotten a lot closer than before. Holding hands, hugging and pecks on the cheek had gotten normal.

After their long hug, they went to their respective offices.

"I'm sorry, Antara. I didn't realise it'd take so long at the wedding planner's." Avira went to see Antara as soon as she reached the office.

"That's fine. I understand wedding planning is a time consuming task. I'm just happy that you're getting married." After Nandini, Antara was the one who was jumping up and down in excitement at the news.

"By the way, I've been in touch with a guy. We might get a chance to design for a fashion show in Paris." Antara spoke with excitement in her eyes.

"WHAT? Are you serious?" Avira jumped up from her seat in joy.

"Shhh," Antara looked around to make sure no one saw her. "It is not confirmed yet. So don't tell anyone else in the office."

"Okay," She calmed herself down. "But this is so exciting."