VI

"Good morning, guys!" Zara greeted her friends when she reached the classroom. It was a few days later since Sandy had become their friend.

"I've to admit, Shayaan sir has changed our Zee completely." Nitya teased Zara. Zara had learnt to wake up early and was never late for her lectures.

Zara just rolled her eyes, and sat beside Shiv.

"What are you reading?" She asked Shiv.

"It is a book for tips and tricks to crack an interview." He replied.

Avni cracked up, while Nitya and Zara bit their lips to stop themselves from laughing. Sandy wanted to laugh too, but herself and Shiv were not exactly on talking terms yet, so she didn't want to offend him by laughing at him.

"What's so funny?" He asked them.

"Shiv, you really think you're going to get yourself a job in a nice company by reading these useless books?" Avni asked, still laughing.

"What is the harm in trying?"

"Seriously, Shiv! This is not going to help you. You need to give mock interviews with someone." Zara suggested him.

"Oh really? With whom am I going to give these mocks? The walls of my room?" He frustratedly shut his book.

Sandy chuckled at him, but instantly shut her mouth when she saw him glaring. Zara noticed this and an idea popped in her head.

"Sandy, why don't you help Shiv?"

Sandy's eyes widened. "Me? How can I help him?"

"Why not? You're such a good orator yourself, and not to forget, you've given some of the best presentations from our class." Zara said. She has won many awards for public speaking and debates.

"Yes, but I can't.. " Sandy looked perplexed.

"No ifs and buts. Don't you want our Shiv to secure a job?" Zara pouted.

Sandy looked at Shiv for help. She thought that maybe he'd say no, but he just sat there, looking at her. Not getting any reaction from him, she sighed,"Okay."

The conversation ended there, as just then Shayaan entered the class. Everyone fell silent and opened their books.

Shayaan looked around the room and his eyes fell on Zara. He gave her a small smile, which she returned back, before he turned his back towards the class and started to write on the board.

Zara was writing the topic in her notebook when she heard what the girls sitting behind her were talking about.

"Why does Shayaan sir have to be this good looking? How are we supposed to concentrate on studies?" A girl whispered.

"I totally agree. Do you see how his shirt is clinging to his body?" Another one added.

Zara looked at Shayaan, and because he was writing on the board, his white shirt had clung to his shoulders and sleeves. It was true what they said, he was insanely handsome. But Zara didn't like other girls talking about him like this.

"If you guys don't want to study, then I suggest you get out!" Zara turned back and whisper-snapped at those girls. They looked shocked at her sudden outburst, but kept quiet.

The entire lecture, she tried her best to concentrate on what Shayaan was teaching, but all that her mind could grasp was how his hands moved when he talked, how he ran his fingers through his hair once in a while, how he smiled subtly when any student cracked a joke, and how, while dictating a question to them, he had folded his sleeves till his elbow and his veins were visible on his arms. His thoughts had slowly reserved a place in her mind, and nothing she did changed that.

______________

Two weeks later, it was Friday and one of the most happy days of Zara's life. Unlike other days, she woke up in a chirpy mood and took a shower. Then she took out a white colored plain suit with light pink printed dupatta. After getting dressed, she did her makeup.

When she reached the class, many of her classmates wished her and also complimented her about her look.

"MashaAllah, aaj toh keher dhaa rahi hai aap!" Avni whistled at her. Nitya and Sandy too told her how beautiful she looked, while Zara just blushed.

When Shiv saw her, he held both his hands on his heart and let out a long sigh. "Ek hi toh dil hai, kitni baar jitoge!"

Zara just hit him on the shoulder and laughed out loud.

When Shayaan came, he was surprised to see Zara too. He couldn't understand why she was so dressed, but then assumed maybe because it was Jumma.

While teaching, he noticed that Zara was saying something to Avni. He ignored it in the beginning, but when he saw that she wasn't going to stop anytime soon, he spoke, "Miss Ibrahim, what is so important that you've to speak in between my lecture?"

Zara looked at him, alarmed. She apologized to him, and he continued teaching. But a few minutes later, Shayaan again noticed the same thing. He decided to let it slide, but when it continued for more than five minutes, he lost his cool.

"Miss Ibrahim, get up!" He shouted at her.

Zara snapped her head towards him. "I'm sorry, sir.. "

"I don't need your sorry. Get up and either get out of my class, or go and sit at the last bench."

Zara tried to speak again, but Shayaan just gave her his hard glare. She picked up her stuff and moved back. She spent the rest of the lecture looking down and writing notes.

When the bell rang, she was the first one to get up and leave. Shayaan picked up his book and other stuff, when Avni came to him.

"I'm sorry, sir. We didn't want to interrupt the class." She spoke. "Actually, it is Zara's birthday today, and we just got a little bit too excited about it."

As soon as she said that, Shayaan was left shocked. He couldn't believe that he scolded her on her birthday. Out of all days, her birthday. Damn it!

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

First of all, sorry for uploading so late. It is almost evening and I generally upload around noon. I had written the chapter but I forgot to post it! :/

To all those people who didn't understand the Jumma reference, Jumma (which means Friday in Urdu) is the holiest day of the week and Muslims wear nice clothes and cook special meals on this day.

Now, I gave you your daily Shayaan dose. Ab aap bhi mere liye kuch karo, Vote ka button press kardo. ❤