VI

Kiaan was half-lying on his bed when the door of his room opened with a bang. Misha marched inside and he got up from his bed.

"Misha?"

She walked closer to him and asked, "Do you mean what you said earlier?"

"I meant each and every word." He cupped her face, and she closed her eyes in satisfaction.

"But what if we don't work? I don't want to lose a friend like you." She was scared.

"What if we do work! Do you realise how good we'd be together?" He pointed out.

She stayed silent, clutching his t-shirt.

"Mish, I've always loved you as a friend. But now I want to love you as a man loves his woman. So please, let me!" He said while kissing her forehead.

She smiled at him. "I never knew you were this romantic."

"You don't know a lot of things about me, sweetheart!" He smirked at her.

She rested her head on his chest and he hooked his arms around her frame. This hug was not one of their usual, friendly hugs. With this hug, she was telling him how safe she felt in his arms and he was letting her know that he'd always protect her and be there for her.

"Listen," He spoke while hugging her. She hummed in response.

"What about Rehaan? You're not marrying him, right?" He cutely asked.

She chuckled, "I'd tell dad to say no to them tomorrow."

He gave a bright smile at her reply and hugged her more tightly.

The next morning, Misha told Ramza her decision about marriage with Rehaan and he accepted it without asking her any reason. He called them and said no. Misha also texted Rehaan saying that he was a good person, she just didn't feel for him that way. Rehaan responded politely and told her that he understood and it was all good.

Misha and Kiaan were having the time of their life. When they both didn't have work, either they'd watch a movie together while cuddling, or he'd take her out. But even on their work days, they made sure to find time for each other; be it seeing each other before work and after work. Now when Misha cooked in his kitchen, he'd not sit far away, just admiring her. He'd be holding her from the back and place kisses on her neck once in a while. It was safe to say that Misha spent way more time in the kitchen than normal because of all the distractions she had.

She had also managed to get a hold on his favorite HP hoodie. It took a lot of kisses from her side to convince him but he gave in eventually. Now she proudly wears it all the time.

It was Aamna and Ramza's anniversary coming up in a few days and Misha and Kiaan were planning a party for that. They had hired an event manager. The invitations were sent out to close to 70 people. They had decided to keep the party at home, so all the furniture from the living room was cleared. The theme of the party was violet and white. The backyard was decorated with violet fairy lights as well, and the food buffet was arranged there.

Misha had bought an elegant white colored, one-shouldered party dress. It was a loose outfit that she paired with a silver belt. She did a no-makeup makeup look. She curled her hair and put it in a low ponytail with a few strands falling on her face.

By the time she got ready, guests had started to arrive. She went down and saw her parents greeting everyone. Then she ran her eyes through the living room to find her man. Her Kiaan. He was standing in a corner of the room, talking to a few other men of his age. He was wearing a formal grey and black suit. His eyes fell on her and he checked her out top to bottom. She blushed as he winked at her and resumed the conversation he was having.