Chapter 5 - Standartenführer

It's been less than a month since The Stg-34 was accepted for confidential development, with Ava personally calling and she was ecstatic and even mumbled something which I couldn't properly hear.
I also sent a blueprint of an MG-42 to the designer of the MG-34, Heinrich Vollmer, and more which would've been designed in the late stages of WW2 or post-WW2.

And now, I've been setting my sights on Self-propelled Vehicles, rather than Weapons, Specifically I was hoping to develop a Post-World war tanks, I was going to plan for a Leopard 1A1 MBT, But I Put that on hold due to the lack of developing any complex Cold-war era machinery or factories specified for Leopard 1's. So for now, I'm settling on a Light tank, and a foreign one at that. An M41 Walker Bulldog. But I decided to go full-on German, The 'copied' design is designated the kampfpanzer NK-Shepard, in homage to the German Shepard.

"Alright... This may be the turning point... This tank is a light tank, but it's Gun is a 70mm Rifled Gun, akin to a Medium tank. Not effective by comparison to Heavy tanks. I'll have to make new suspensions and updated transmission too."

—~~~~~~~~~~~~~~—

I was observing the first Five light Tanks' construction.
"This looks like very advanced design, Generalfeldmarschall."

"Indeed it is. But I'm not expecting this design to be mass-produced, However I do have several other engines of varying capability but similar reliability, by comparison to other engines."

"I must ask, Herr. How can you do any of this? Not just with vehicles and weapons, but with your... Contraptions that can easily rule out the Vacuum tube." He asked.

"My Knowledge is... Far beyond the human limits of understanding."

"Meaning you don't understand yourself? Or your existence?" He said with a smirk.

"...Wow... Right back at me..." I wryly smiled.

———

(Helga POV)
'All I could is stare at Herr Legier... He... Was the complete opposite... He was not Lazy; he kept pushing his time for his own... Inventions, He wasn't Perverted; as he barely even made a move on any of the females here despite his rank, or even socialize with them, and He wasn't spoiled, he doesn't expect maids or aides to tend to him or even do things for him unless it's something that was far from his capability... All I felt was irritation... He is just too... Unreal...'

"I know it's a Light Tank, But... It is quite Faster than I expected." One of my subordinates commented.

"According to The Generalfeldmarschall It's mass is 24 Tons, and it's top speed is 40 Miles per hour." (Note its 5 miles slower than the actual bulldog, mostly due to the crudeness.)

"40!? No tank can reach 40!" I eventually snapped, which earned their gazes.

"*cough* None if you acknowledge that burst... Understand." I sent a death glare to which they profusely nodded.

'Generalfeldmarschall... *sigh* I can't believe it. I can't accept it.'

—~~—~~—~~—

I continued wandering the corridors after the successful test of the Shepard Light Tank, before coming face to face with Frau Richter, both of us stumbling incidentally.

"W-Woah... I- Er..."

"..."

"S-Sorry Frau Richter, I just-"

"Tell me something... Generalfeldmarschall..."

I was a bit disturbed at her cold tone, While I didn't mind any change of tone in my subordinates, It is surprising for one of them to speak up at me like this.