Chapter 27 - Hessdalen

—~~—Early October 1941, Hessdalen Valley, Norway—~~—

We currently arrived with a small Combined Waffen-SS & Wehrmacht vehicle group within the flat terrain of the valley, I stepped out of the my 'Modified Roofed-over Kubelwagen', and walked over to the Kettengrad leading the group.

"You said you witnessed the lights... here, Frau Chito?" I asked the black-haired Wehrmacht soldier still sitting by the rear end of the Kettengrad. She was from Japan but she supposedly moved here along with her friend,

"Jawohl, Feldmarschall." She responded

"May you please describe them again?" Helga asked as she shut the door of her side of the vehicle.

"There Multiple Of These whitish-blue Lights that hovered and maneuvered within the sky above the valley, I'm pretty sure they are not natural, but I have doubts fo them being artificial because from our point of view they didn't seem to glow or flicker, they are like blatant specks in the sky." The Wehrmacht soldier's partner, Yuri, said

"I see, Well-"

"Herr Legier My Compass is going haywire..." One of my soldiers said as he fiddled with his pocket Compass.
The soldier eventually handed it over to Helga. She observed it carefully.

"Wait... Wasn't-... There's a Vault Here... Matthew, Catch!" Helga tossed it over to me, Remembering my encounter with Amita.

"Frau Adele, you'll be coming." Helga also called Amita, most of us are aware about her true origins but most of this information was kept silent from the rest of the country.

"We're going in foot! Any small vehicles that can't get stuck within a forest easily follow as-well!" I ordered, Adele stepped out of the Half-track vehicle and shut the door as she closely followed behind me. And whispered faintly to me.

"Okay... Unlike me the Vault Guard is more or less hellbent on keeping these things."

"How hellbent...?"

"'I shall reduce you to ash, no matter what' hellbent... don't worry, I got this either way."

"...If that's true, you may get yourself killed..."

"Heh, I'm not a human being, Matthew." She said with confidence.

We continued walking until we reached a certain point where the severity of the disturbance was stagnant but absolutely severe.

"Alright, This it."

Several of my men eventually set up explosives just the same way as Amita's Vault. We stepped back again to a more safe distance before I gave the signal to detonate it and the Blast was tremendously loud. I peaked over to see the mist subside and an opening was now revealed. It was much different to Amita's Vault it was shorter, and we could it lead towards a small chamber already.

"Alright, Let's go." I said as most of my men followed leaving behind our vehicles while a voluntary few stayed behind, and Amita was ahead of me knowing she was more knowledgable about vaults than me despite my knowledge on Wolfenstein.

Upon walking further into the hallway we reached what I initially thought was the main door chamber but it soon became clear wasn't despite its appearance.

"This is an elevator if you don't know, a circular one, see that pad in the middle? Yeah." Adele said

"Alright- Wait, Are we gonna get Cold-blasted around us again...?" Helga said getting suspicious after her experience in Amita's vault.

"That wasn't a cold-Blast, That was a disinfection mist, And no not all vaults have the same Design as mine."

"Good." Helga responded with a relieved sigh.