Chapter 38 - The Escape (1/2)

—~~—Moscow, The Soviet Federation—~~—

"How?! How did you not get him!?" Vadim berated Five cheka Indiviudals responsible for the search & arrest of Andrey to put him on trial for treason. Unfortunately for them he managed to escape, he also took about Six artifacts along with him.

"We-"

"-Y'know What...? Forget it. I don't need to know your reasons..." Vadim said as he opened a drawer in his desk and pulled something out.

*bang* *bang *bang* *bang *bang* Five semi-automatic shots resounded in the room as Vadim pulled a pistol out and shot them dead.

"I want my paramilitary forces mobilized, and Main Military Forces informed, I want that bastard Dead! And I want every other researcher to begin utilizing the artifacts as much as they can we need to push the Axis back!"

Vadim yelled as several personnel left to execute the orders.

"Oh and before you go! When I mean mobilize, I mean it in the most broad sense. I don't want that bastard taking refuge in Any other nation at all!"

—~~—~~—~~—Great Britain—~~—~~—~~—

Two individuals walk through the streets of England vaguely noticing the unrest and problematic tensions beginning to accumulate within the populace. They eventually turned a corner and walked into a hotel in which they paid a sufficient sum to temporarily stay.

The two walked up the stairs of the building before reaching their floor and their room before closing the door abruptly. The man placed two relatively bulky-looking briefcases onto a nearby table had opened both to which revealed mechanical storage-spaces with a Gold-painted design, all held the comparably shrunk forms of artifacts. All of them appear distorted when viewed by the naked eye.

The Briefcase was one of many innovations made using Da'at Yichud technology for increased storage capacity, the problem was that they were essentially wasted. They couldn't be mass produced and they aren't space effective.

"*inhale* *sigh* Josefine... Are you-?"

"No..." she said as she sat by the bed facing the window of the room

"But I didn't even say-"

"No... I'm not Fine." She said, Josefine has been recently less and less of her calm and optimistic self since the successful but tensely-filled voyage from murmmansk to Scotland, UK. to which they took

"...Look I'm sorry this all had to happen, but you need to understand that continuing these blasted projects for Vadim would result in severe consequences!"

"That's not it..."

"?"

"Andrey... I... I just can't take this much information flowing into my head. Everything is moving way too fast that I expected or what I would've been comfortable with... I look up to you as an idol- no... As a father, Everytime I see you panicking, thinking too harshly, or anxiously silent, I keep suffering the weight of the situations."

"..."

"But... Either way I still agree... I just... I just wished to learn well from you, but besides defying a bad government, All I've been learning from you is fear, anxiety, Desperation... I'm losing so much."

"...To be honest, you are right. I barely even thought about the aftermath caused by what I do or say. I was too focused on the War Josefine, This... Everything here, is going downhill, and never would I easily expected something like it... I was paranoid, that is my weakness. But it was mostly because of you."