Chapter 30 - Intensity

(Please comment parts which seem unrealistic so I can 'archive' criticism and continue writing my story with pride at being a rookie.)

———Early-December, 1941———

The USS Reuben James pierced through the semi-rough waves of the British waters just off the coast of Scotland soundly, simultaneously as it escorted a relatively large transport vessel, hauling materials to Great Britain.

"Why are we still supplying the Brits? They are allied with our enemy, It seems quite hypocritical for us to help whom we deem as enemies."

"Technically, they are not our enemies. They are just enemies against our Ally, they haven't done anything to us, thus we have no reason to fight them."

"Yet." His friend said still looking out at sea

"What?"

"Yet. You are aware about the assassination of One Alan Turing right?"

"Yeah?"

"Many of the Brits began pointing fingers towards its enemies, but a large sum are beginning to point their fingers to neutral countries with some form of assistance, That sentiment has actually manifested when Eylstadt a neutral country assisted by France joined the Axis, but now its been accelerated. And nowhere has this suspicion been put upon heavily than on the US."

"So they're pointing their fingers at us?"

"That's all I heard, many brits are starting to suspect Americans and in-fact there have supposedly been events where British people began harassing people of American ethnicity due to the rumour, both in Britain and in America."

"...All this because of a bunch of reds, if only I was assigned to the Pacific, I heard we were beginning to beat their ass back to the homeland."

"...yeah."

Silence fell as the ship simply steamed ahead. One of them began to vaguely notice a white trail in the distance, it was approaching unusually fast.

"Say what's that-?" His Sentence was cut off as he was thrown off his feet by a sudden explosion to the port Side of the destroyer.

"Torpedoes!"

"S**t! Where did it come from?!"

"Man the guns immediately, defend the Transport!"

More trails speed ahead towards the Rueben James at speeds excess of 80 knots, exceedingly difficult to achieve for a standard ww2 Torpedo.

"Port side 1000 meters!" One of the sailor's yelled, The man pulled out his binoculars to see what's up ahead. He immediately saw a The 'sail' of a submarine sticking from beneath waves, vaguely aware it began to submerge.

"The hell...?" He uttered, as he managed to get a glimpse of a symbol bore on its side, a Red Star.

"It's the Damn Soviets! The Brits let them through!"

"What?!"

"Send a message immediately, these guys are becoming more and more like bastards every day!"

—~~—~~—~~—
———RREDT, New Mexico———

Travelled to America under pure secrecy, Helga was temporarily assigned to manage Castle Neukreuz by this point and she protested at my leave. I know she is capable of this, she is just being clingy. The only person to follow me were a few Neukreuz-SS individuals and Amita, everyone else were back home, including Wendi.

We were in a testing chamber the hall roughly 80 meters wide, 160 meters long, and 200 meters high (because we're partially underground,currently 20 meters of the facility is sticking above the ground, and designed to look like an ordinary aircraft Hangar.) and we were beginning the First Experimentation with the Jointly-designed Multipurpose Saucercraft (JMS-1).