Chapter 7 - The Vault (2/2)

"You cover yourself by the name of an Apostle?" She said with a hint of venom in her voice.

"N-No Ma'am, It's the given name I was born with. As the centuries pass by the name Matthew has been brought out multiple times, reaching even to other continents."

"...What is your purpose here?" She said still on the defensive

"Oh we simply detected an unidentified anomaly within this area, I can only assume that maybe... This place."

"This is the Holy Vault Bestowed by my forefathers, and I have kept it away from harm for Centuries on end."

"I see so it is a vault that's-... Wait, did you just say you've been guarding this for centuries-" I was soon cut off

"-And I shall ask you this one time... Leave, or else."

". . . Or else... What, Exactly?" That seamless and unfazed counter, made her flinch a bit and squirmed in place as if in deep thought.

"I-I... Auugh... Ah... Uh-Umm... . . . Or else you shall be inflicted with a punishment which can never be spoken without opposing the morals of our Religion!"

"Uh-huh... Yeah, just from your tone, you basically have little to no idea what to do to me."

"...*discomfort noises*"

"But I'm not leaving until I get some answers...!"

"*sigh* ...Very well..." she said as she unsheathed her sword.

"Fight me then... I'm not letting anyone pass me, without a fight."

"Ma'am, please I don't want to-"

"Hyah!" She charged at me, and I reactively dodged, the slash, and struck her in the stomach, however she didn't even flinch at the Strike, and I backed away to her left.

"Hmph... Not only did you manage to dodge that, but you also landed a hit on me... I'll give you that." She said, before she proceeded to continue slashing at me, and again with me dodging. This continued, as I heard several bangs on the door, and muffled voices.

"*muffled* Matthew! What the hell is going on in there!?" I managed to perceive the voice to that of Hess.

"*pant* Uhh...! Nothing...! Nothing to be concerned of, please stay calm!" I said, as I eventually received my first wounds, but they were not that severe.

"I'm hearing everything that's going on! I'm not going gonna freakin' Calm down!"

"Just try to, for now!" I continued to dodge.

"Stand still!" She yelled as she then lunged her sword forwards directly aimed into my chest instead of the usual slash, I dodged again and managed to grab the Handle of her sword also grasping onto her hand. I noticed her face briefly went red, before she attempted to Are me let go, but I grabbed a sawed off O/U shotgun, and pointed its barrels directly onto the blade.

Pulling the trigger, the sword shattered into two pieces.

"H-Huh!?" She recoiled back observing her sword, that was now useless in combat.

"W-What was...!?"

"There is a reason why the only melee weapon I have is a knife. The Gun ruled out the sword, Cowardice? Sure, you can call it that. But to us, Evolution is a requirement for progress." I explained.

"Tch!" She attempted to fight me with Her fists, But I Now took the advantage, as I've learned more modern fighting styles, which rendered her disadvantageous.

"*cough* *cough* N-No...!" She continued fighting until, I finished it with a punch directly into the stomach area, which forced her down onto her knees, One arm kept her from impacting the floor, while the other grasped tightly onto her stomach.