Chapter 18 - Cold North

(Note: Just as the Note in the previous chapter, there will be a surplus of Perspective/Location shifts in this chapter, But now I have an excuse! It is meant to display the severity of Matthew's Technological impact in the War.)

|||||||||||||||

—April 8, 8:00—

A Warship boasting a length of 98 meters sped across the water whilst under heavy fog, The HMS Glowworm.

"Destroyers Up ahead!" One of the lookouts called out.

Just a precarious distance ahead of the British Destroyer, Two Destroyers comparably larger than the Ship itself steamed ahead.

"Arm the cannons!"

The two forward cannons immediately pointed to their specified target, However Just as the cannons begin to be loaded two distant booms (one from each Destroyer) was perceived, The two cannons at the forward bow were Struck, the foremost cannon was completely inoperable, while the one above and behind it was crippled, the shot forcing it to a 90° degree angle.

"What?!"

"Both cannons lost!"

———

Both of the Destroyers were equipped with Castle Neukreuz's latest Precision Mechanisms, The Artifacts allowed Matthew to experiment new electronic technology. And for the operation, he fitted these two destroyers specifically, as-well as giving them suspiciously accurate orders.

"The Foremost Cannons were Hit, One Destroyed, One disabled."

"Such Precision... It gives me shivers what would've happened should Herr Legier have had his patriotism directed to the British considering his supposed ethnicity."

Several of the smaller caliber Guns of the Glowworm lit up in the distance.

"Have the cannons reload, Either sink or cripple that Warship."

Both of the rear-facing cannons of each Destroyer loaded, and immediately fired upon the lagging British Destroyer.

"Fire!"

Four shots struck either side of the Glowworm directly at its waterline, water began to pour as the crew quickly attempts to slow down the flooding.

Half a minute passed before another salvo was shot striking directly at the water-line again. The Strikes continued for a prolonged period, and the armour of the Destroyer continued to be pierced, but one thing is for certain. Most of the hits were by the Destroyer's waterline, none went too far above nor below.

"...What... What Devilish accuracy..." The captain uttered

The HMS Glowworm's flooding quickly forced its bow downwards. The HMS Glowworm quickly broke radio silence and sent a message to the admiralty, The German Destroyers it encountered bore Astonishingly Accurate Naval Guns.

"Circle, Capture any of the crewmen that escaped from the Ship's Hull."

—South Of Norway—

A German Destroyer Was escorting a large Cargo Ship, The Rio de Janeiro.

"Sir, A Submarine has been spotted. Just off of Lillesand." The captain of the Destroyer immediately took the binoculars and adjusted its zoom to see the surfaced vessel.

"That's not ours..." he uttered as he lowered them, every lightly armed transport vessel now has to be defended by at-least one Combat-ready Warship. Matthew was well aware of several attacks that would take place both land and sea.
"Prepare The Torpedoes!" He immediately have the order.