Chapter 65

Saad's pov: 

Groaning in tiredness, I rubbed two fingers on my forehead before squeezing my eyes shut. The searing headache was making me frustrated and I didn't feel like getting up from my bed at all. A clank of glass made me peek from my eyes and I saw bhai placing a glass of water on the table before sitting down on the bed next to me, a worried look on his face. 

"Chalo utho, dawa kha lo." Keeping a hand on my forehead to check my temperature, he muttered, looking concerned. 

(Come on get up, have your medicines.) 

"I don't want to wake up bhai. Just let me sleep in." Turning away from him, I replied, feeling the stiffness of bones of my body. I was definitely going to have a backache. 

"No one is stopping you from sleeping. Bas uth ke dawa kha lo phir so jaana." I could feel him shaking his head as he replied sternly. 

(Now just wake up, have your medicines and then sleep.) 

"Dawa khane ka mann nahi kar raha hai." I muttered, stifling a yawn. 

(I don't feel like having them) 

"Mann ke hisaab se nahi chalte hamesha. Chalo, uth jao ab." 

(We shouldn't always follow our heart. Come on, get up now.) 

Humming in response, I covered my face with the blanket before snuggling in my pillow. 

"Where is Alayna? And how is she?" Realising I haven't heard from her since I woke up, I inquired, feeling tense. She always used to come to wake me up if I overslept, then what happened today? Was she too, upset with me? 

"She's fine. Don't worry about her now, focus on yourself. You can't get sick like this. Agar abhi se ye haal ho raha hai tumhara to aage kya hoga? You have to be strong na." He replied while taking something out from the drawer. 

(If you are getting sick like this now only then what will happen next? You have to be strong, right.) 

Sighing, I hummed in response. He had a point but I felt drained. I just… couldn't even bring myself to get up from the bed, let alone do anything else. Exhaling loudly, I let myself relax, only to get startled when a high pitched shriek resounded in our humble abode. 

Groaning, I lifted my head off the pillow to look at bhai questioningly, but he looked just as perplexed as me. Giving me an inquisitive look, he quickly got up from the bed before rushing out, making me moan as I forced myself to get up and head out to see what the matter could be. As far as I knew, no one in our house used to shriek like that, then who was it now? 

Ruffling my hair, I rubbed my face before exhaling loudly and entering the place of chaos, which in this case, was the living room. 

As soon as my gaze landed on the person creating the chaos, an annoyed sigh escaped my lips as I quickly averted my gaze. I was frustrated, agitated just by yesterday's events and here this girl was, ready to make my already messed up life a hell. There was no doubt about why she was here and what the ruckus could be about. "Aunty do you even know what your son has been doing behind your backs?!" She thundered, randomly pointing towards the door. No one had noticed me yet, and I wanted for it to remain that way. 

"Have you not told them yet, Saad? About your secret love and betrayal? About your secret marriage and secret wife?" Just as I was about to take a turn and head back to my room silently, unfortunately a loud shrill voice halted me, making me close my eyes in frustration.