Chapter 16

Saad's pov:

The next day arrived earlier than usual. Or so it seemed like that to me. Yawning, I rubbed my eyes as I sat up and turned off the alarm. My gaze travelled to check the time and it was around 9 in the morning. Even though no guests have arrived yet, I could still feel the excitement buzzing around in the house as I noticed a message from my brother. Furrowing my eyebrows, I wondered what it might be about as I opened the chat. My eyes widened in surprise at what I saw. I quickly replied to him before replying to others messages. Getting down from the bed, I went to freshen up.

I wasn't expecting a quick reply but when I returned, I was surprised to see his reply. Sending him the location, I sat down on the bed, thinking about what to tell aunty. Bhai is coming here today. And he is on his way. He will be here in around two hours and I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't even know what will happen when he arrives here.

Before I could start over thinking, I was startled by the kids running in the room. "Bhaiii!" They squealed as they ran to where I sat. Jumping up on the bed, they sat on either side of me.

"You are up!" Alayna stated excitedly.

"Yeah he is up, can't you see that. Leave her bhai, tell me, did you sleep well?" Before I could say something, anything, Amira facepalmed and told her before asking me her own question.

"He can't leave me, he is my bhai!" Alayna pouted, glaring at Amira.

"Yeah I know he is your bhai, but you shouldn't be asking these obvious questions. So he can ignore your question for now." Amira replied in an obvious tone as she turned her attention back to me.

"I can ask him anything and he won't ignore me." Alayna whined, the pout still on her lips.

"Okay okay, no arguments here. I will answer both of your questions. Now happy?" Looking at them, I raised my eyebrows and asked them both questioningly.

"Okay bhai!" They chorused together happily.

"Yes, I woke up and alhamdulillah I slept well." I replied to their previous questions as I played with my phone, turning it up and down in my hands.

"Umm... Bhai? Can we ask you something?" Alayna hesitated, looking away.

"Yeah sure, go ahead, what is it?" I replied gently as I passed them both a warm smile.

Alayna looked at Amira and they seemed to communicate through their eyes. Glancing at me, Amira started playing with her fingers. I raised my eyebrow, wondering what the matter is. But I didn't have to think much as Amira's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Are you happy bhai?"

Their question caught me off guard and I could feel my body stiffen at their question. Am I happy with this? Do I really want for this to happen? This time my chain of thought was broken by my phone vibrating in my hand. I looked up at them and they were both looking at me expectantly. Their gaze hopeful for a positive response. I gave them a small smile, not knowing what and how to answer them.

I was rescued from answering their question when a knock resounded in the room and the door creaked open a bit. Aunty's head popped in the room, "Sorry for disturbing you guys and coming in without permission, but breakfast is ready. Come and join." And before any of us could reply, she was out of the door.

I stared at the door, wondering if we are supposed to go now. Sighing, I turned to both of them. "Let's have breakfast first, I think your ammi is quite busy and if we get late, we might have to skip breakfast. And I'm sure we don't want to do that when we have a big day ahead."

They both giggled as they nodded their head and got down. Shaking my head, I stood up and followed them out of the door, a small smile playing on my lips.