Chapter 13

Atifa's pov :

'Bismillahi Walajnaa Wa Bismillahi Kharajnaa Wa Aàla lahi Rabbinaa Tawakkalnaa.' (In the name of Allah we enter and in the name of Allah we leave, and upon our Lord we place our trust.) I muttered while entering our home. It was around 10:30 already and all of us were exhausted. I just feel like collapsing to have a good sleep. But obviously not everyone has the same plans and I couldn't do anything but go with their plan.

The kids were already half asleep, so after asking them to change, we let them sleep. He already retired to his room and all the shopping bags were still resting in the living room, except for the one which had his suit since ammi asked him to take it with him.

We all went to our rooms to freshen up and change. As soon as I was out of the washroom and hit the bed, my muscles relaxed and I felt sleepy. I think I might as well ditch their plans and sleep. Smiling, I snuggled into my pillow.

But of course it isn't my day today. I mean night. It isn't my night tonight. "ATIFA! You can't sleep now!" Emaan yelled while snatching my pillow from me, making me groan.

"Yaar so jaate haina, I'm tired." I grumbled reaching for another pillow. (Buddy let's just sleep, I'm tired.)

Emaan smacked my hand, "NO! Stand up now, we made plans for tonight remember?" She said frustrated making me squeeze my eyes shut. Sighing internally, I frowned knowing that if I sighed in front of her, she would kill me.

"Okay, let me sleep now and wake me up after a while?" I suggested as sweetly as I could, fluttering my eyelashes and smiling at her.

She glared at me, not buying my excuse. "Cruel!" Pouting, I muttered under my breath while standing up. "Now what do you want me to do?" I asked her in a tired voice, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Oh nothing much, let's get your henna done!" She exclaimed happily while clapping her hands, making me groan.

"Now?" I asked her, exasperated.

"Yeah obviously, tomorrow is your nikkah so we have to do it today." She grinned.

"But I'm not in the mood for it." I told her while rolling my eyes and sitting on my bed, ready to snuggle back into my pillows and comforter.

"Don't you even dare sleep now! And it won't depend on your mood today. Just select a good movie on your laptop while I go and bring some snacks for us with your henna." She ordered giving me a pointed look before walking out.

Sighing, I glared at the door wishing I could just kill her and have my sleep peacefully. Clearing my mind, I repeated astagfirullah a couple of times before taking out my laptop.

Comfortably sitting on my bed, I selected a movie while waiting for her. Luckily, I didn't have to wait for long as she came in holding a tray in her hands.

I raised one of my eyebrows at her questioningly but ignoring my look, she kept the tray in front of me while sitting beside me. "Henna, chocolates and choco pops with chips!" She exclaimed in excitement while taking a henna cone from the tray. "So what did you choose?" She asked while looking at the laptop.

"I don't know, watch it yourself." I replied, winking at her and starting the movie.

She raised an eyebrow but didn't argue and we silently started watching the movie. After a while, she took my hand and started doing henna on the backside. She was carefully doing my henna as I popped in chocolates and chips in my mouth, occasionally popping a few in her mouth too.

We were silently working our way - her doing my henna and me watching her do it intently leaving the movie in the background - when ammi entered the room. Her eyes gleamed with excitement and happiness. I was stunned for a while since I thought she went to sleep. But it seems like she was way more excited than any of us.