Chapter 22

Atifa's pov :

I didn't know when I slept, but I had a nice dream. A dream in which he was saying sorry to me. It was quite vivid but I was cherishing it for we didn't get dreams like that much. And it was quite warm after that. Until I woke up and realised I was being kidnapped by someone.

As soon as I realised that, I yelped and started punching that guy, whoever it was. I couldn't go down without a fight! That guy staggered backwards, which was a good thing but he continued walking further. How dare he even touch me? Narrowing my eyes and clenching my jaw at him in the darkness, I started yelling for help while continuing to punch him. "Help! Someone is kidnapping me! Help! Leave me alone you monkey!"

He dropped my legs and I yelped once again before punching him hard on his arm. "Who even drops a girl like that? What if I would have fallen down?" I pointed my finger at him as I questioned. Before he could even answer me, I continued. "How dare you even touch me? Who are you? Just wait, let me call-"

He covered my mouth before I could continue any further, making my voice come out muffled. I struggled to get out of his grip and realised one of his hands was still on my waist. 

"It's me begum, Saad. Saad Ibrahim. Stop yelling and waking up the whole house." I was just about to kick his feet when I heard his voice and breath so close to me that I stilled before letting my hands fall by my side and relaxing my muscles. I breathed out a sigh of relief before he removed his hand from my mouth and waist. (Wifey)

He seriously scared me. Who even does that? Oh yeah, obviously him. What if I had a mini heart attack? Or... Uh, yeah wasn't that enough?

I went ahead and switched on a light in the corridor before turning to look at him. "Don't you even dare do that again! You scared me." Pointing a finger at him, I said annoyed. He muttered something under his breath, making me narrow my eyes. "What did you just say?"

Shaking his head he replied, "Nothing. Let's go inside."

Huffing, I turned around before opening the door and storming inside. He followed me. I removed my hijab and threw it on the bed. I was so sleepy but this guy just had to ruin it! "Wait a minute!" He exclaimed, halting my steps.

Turning around, I folded my arms while looking at him sceptically. "Yeah?"

"Uhh... I got a gift for you?" Scratching the back of his neck, he replied before going to the couch and taking out something from his bag. Returning back, he extended the box towards me.

I hesitated before taking the box. Opening it, my lips tilted upwards in a small smile as I gazed at it. It was so beautiful. "May I?" I heard his voice and my gaze flickered up at him,  stunned. He was smiling slightly. I nodded my head slowly, looking away as I extended the box back to him and kept my hand on his already extended one.

He held my hand softly, which made my heart skip it's beat. I was going crazy. It felt so weird and... uncomfortable? But it also gave me a kind of comfort. He slid the ring on my finger, making me look at our hands. It surprisingly fitted me perfectly. Hopefully he couldn't watch my face heating up in this dim light.

As soon as he left my hand, I brought it closer to myself before admiring the ring. "Jazak Allahu Khairan. It's beautiful." It was elegant, just how I like it.

"Wa Antum Fa Jazak Allahu Khairan. It actually looks even more beautiful on your hand." I heard his reply, which made me shocked and flushed at the same time. Before I could glance at him, he rushed to the washroom.

Shaking my head, I turned towards my bed before picking up my hijab and keeping it aside. Snuggling up in my blanket, with a smile still lingering on my lips, I let sleep overcome me.