Chapter 58

Saad's pov: 

"Where are you going now?!" Running a hand through my hair, I asked her. 

"I- I don't know!" Sitting on the bed while clutching the sides of it, she exclaimed in a broken voice. Noticing Alayna and Amira in the room, I tried to think of an excuse to cover this mess. 

"Alayna, Amira, can you please come with me? Maaz bhai aaye hue hai." But before I could tell them anything, we heard bhabi's voice from outside the room. 

(Maaz is here.) 

"Jee bhabi!" 

(Okay.) 

"Api, aap theek hai? Bhaijaan, api ko kya hua?" Scrambling towards us and keeping her hand on Atifa's lap, Amira questioned while looking at us worriedly. 

(Are you alright? What happened to her, Saad?) 

"Bhabi, aap kyu ro rahi hai? Kisi ne aapko hurt kia? Should I ask bhai to teach that person a lesson?" Concerned, Alayna followed quickly and inquired while touching Atifa's cheeks. 

(Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you?) 

"Nahi princesses. I'm alright. I will be fine..." Wiping her tears hastily, she replied, trying to appear composed. 

(No princesses.) 

"Your api is okay. I'm here with her na. Aaplog jao, bhabi bula rahi haina." Intervening, I tried to give them a small smile, worried that they might question her more. 

(You guys should go, Zara is calling you, right.) 

"Jee bhai." Reluctantly moving away, they walked out while stealing glances at her. Closing the door, I sat down beside her, unsure of what to say or ask her. 

(Yeah.) 

"Are you okay?" Deciding to go with the obvious question, I asked her softly. 

"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know anything!" She exclaimed while throwing her hands up in the air in exasperation. Covering her face, she tried to cover her sobs. 

"Hey hey, please don't cry. Look, I'm here, with you, see." Not knowing what to do, especially when someone, more specifically a girl was crying, panicked, I tried to pacify her while keeping my hand on her shoulder. 

"But for how long? You- I can't- I won't be here with you anymore. Didn't you hear what ammi said outside?" Wiping her tears hastily once again, which didn't seem to cease at all, she removed my hand from her shoulder and hiccuped. 

"I will always be there with you Atifa. Just tell me, do you have any idea why she might be behaving this way?" Holding her hands this time, I murmured softly, scared of her answer or just hurting her, my mind was too jumbled to actually specify the reason. 

"N- no. Act- actually, ye- yes, maybe. Yes- yesterday when we arrived here, she was already here, waiting for us. A- and she even asked me where we were. A- and maybe she even saw your pictures in my mobile..." She mumbled while squeezing my hand, sniffing in between as she continued to wipe her tears with her other hand. 

"Which picture?" Getting perplexed, I asked her. And I- I didn't know what to say or how to react about whatever she told me. It was jumbling my already jumbled mind, overwhelming me in a way. 

"T- the one which I clicked when you came to meet us and some of the resort pictures..." She took my pictures? MY pictures? Why? I mean, like, uhh… 

'Okay whatever. This isn't the time to think about all these things,' I reminded myself. 

"But why would that be a problem?! And even then, why would she do this just because of me? I mean just because she found out about us living here, why would she want to leave this place then?"