Chapter 38

Saad's pov :

As soon as I went to open the door, I was engulfed in a tight hug by someone. That person literally jumped on me like a rabbit. And who else could it be other than my best friend, Ali.

"Assalamualikum to you too Ali." I greeted him with a choked laugh, hugging him back.

"Oh, Walikumussalam yaar! I missed you so much! Tumne to aane ke baad bhi nahi bataya ke tum aa gaye ho! Aisi bhi kya masroofiyat? Sab theek to haina? Wo to bhai mujhe raaste me mil gaye the to unhone mujhe bataya ke tum wapas aa gaye ho to pata chala, warna maine to bas tumhare call ya message ka intezaar hi karte rehna tha." He bombarded me with his questions all at once, releasing me from his hug and looking at me with a frown.

(You didn't even tell me that you returned! Where were you busy? Everything okay? I coincidentally met bhai on the way and he informed me that you are back, or else I would still have been waiting for you call or message.)

"Haan ji sab theek hai, alhamdulillah. Bas batane ka mauka nahi mila isliye bata nahi paaya." I replied with a smile, internally scolding myself for forgetting to inform him.

(Yeah, everything is alright. I just didn't get any chance to inform you.)

"Accha. Kam se kam I missed you too to keh dete. Kitne boring ho tum yaar!" He replied with a scowl, making me grin at him cheekily.

(I see. At least you could have said I missed you too. How can you be so boring, man?)

"Aur tum isi boring se bande ke bohot acche dost ho. Jab maine tumhe miss hi nahi kiya to kyu kahu mai?" I teased, enjoying his state.

(And you are a very good friend of this boring person. When I didn't even miss you, why should I say that?)

"Yaar kaise bande ho tum? Tumse to kuch kehna hi bekaar hai." He sulked, looking away.

(What kind of a guy are you? Saying anything to you is useless.)

"Accha chalo bahar baitho, mai bhabi ko bata ke aaya ke hamara dushman aaya hai, aur wo acche se khaatirdaari kare warna mai naraaz ho jaunga." Laughing, I teased further.

(Okay go and sit outside, I will just inform bhabi that our enemy is here, and she should take good care of you or else I will be upset.)

"Haa bada dushman aaya haina?" He imitated me with a scowl before heading out, managing to earn a hearty laugh from me.

(Yeah your enemy came, right?)

._._._.

"Matlab ke, tum keh rahe ho ke, tumhari shaadi ho gai hai?" He exclaimed in shock and disbelief once again.

(So like, you are telling me that you are married?)

"Haa mere bhai, mai jabse wohi to batane ki kosish kar raha hu." Rolling my eyes, I replied in irritation while taking a sip of my tea.