Chapter 87, Part 1

Atifa's pov:

"Ah, I missed this place." Looking around the room, a content sigh escaped my lips.

"You have been away from here for barely three days api!" Glancing up at me from my mobile, she replied with an eye roll.

"Yes but ghar ghar hota hai. Nothing can be compared with the warmth that a home radiates." With a smile forming on my lips, I replied as a few old memories rushed to my mind.

(Yes but a home is a home.)

"Yes yes, I know. But you were the one who wanted to become a hero and get admitted to the hospital!" With a pout, Amira exclaimed while dropping the mobile on the bed and looking up at me. She was laying on her stomach on the bed with her hands underneath her chin as her legs dangled in the air behind her.

"I didn't want to become a hero or anything, I was just… trying to stop ammi…" Shrugging my shoulders, I replied while looking away, also immediately flinching at my reckless action. It was going to take time to get used to my own wound.

"I know that too. Anyways, wo sab chodein, ye bataiye, bhaijaan hamare saath hi rahenge na abse?" With hope gleaming in her doe shaped eyes, she inquired.

(I know that too. Anyways, tell me, Saad is going to live with us from now on, right?)

"Pata nahi, maine unse pucha nahi hai ab tak." Biting my lips, I replied. It wasn't that that question didn't cross my mind or anything, but I just… couldn't find enough courage in me to hear his reply.

(Don't know, I haven't asked him yet.)

What if he was going to leave now that ammi was going to stay admitted here and we had our exams coming up? Because obviously, he couldn't just take leave from his work for so long. And I didn't even know what his parents might think about it. I didn't want them to have any bad impression of me or my family. At least not when these decisions were in my hands. Even if it was just partly.

"Kyu nahi?!" Whining, she pouted before continuing. "Waise to har baat par lad jhagad lete hai aap log, lekin jab kaam ki baat aati hai to baat hi nahi karte!" She had a point, but I wasn't going to tell her that. And wait a minute, where was she even learning all these things from?! Oh god, this girl!

(Why not?!)
(You guys always argue with each other on something or the other, but when it is something important, you don't even talk about it!)

"Mai bhul gayi puchna, princess. Sacchi me. Aur koi baat nahi hai." Forcing a smile, I replied, hoping she would let go of this topic before he arrives. He had gone out to grab our dinner.

(I forgot to ask him, princess. Really. There is nothing else.)

"Itni badi ho gayi hai phir bhi baatein bhool jaati hai aap!" She whined, making me narrow my eyes at her. She was starting to test my patience.

(You have grown so old yet you still forget about things!)

"Kya bhul rahi hai tumhari api?" Just then, before I could retort, her bhaijaan entered the room and keeping a paper bag on the table, he looked up, a curious look on his face.

(What is your sister forgetting?)

"Kuch nahi. Mira, jaake padhai karo." Before she could tell him anything, I ordered, giving her a warning look.

(Nothing. Mira, go and study.)

"Api abhi to mai hospital se aayi hu!" Dropping her legs down and sitting up, she whined, a frown forming on her face.