Chapter 42

Saad's pov:

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts. Running a hand through my hair, I heaved a long sigh. "Come in." I murmured, unsure whether the person on the other end heard it or not. But I was tired, I could care less about anything at that time.

Alayna walked in with a tray in her hand. Grabbing the tray from her, I set it on the table before sitting on the bed, not really in the mood to have tea.

"Bhai..." I heard her hesitant voice. Turning to look at her, I hummed, still lost in my own world.

"Kya hua?" She asked me meekly, her eyes wide with curiosity and concern.

(What happened?)

"Kuch nahi Alayna." I replied, attempting to give her a small smile.

(Nothing Alayna.)

"To aap sad kyu lag rahe hai?" Looking at me, she inquired inquisitively.

(Then why do you look sad?)

"Bas aise hi princess. You shouldn't worry about these things. Aap abhi bas apni padai aur doston par dhyaan do, inn sab cheezon par nahi." Shaking my head, I replied gently.

(Just like that princess. You shouldn't worry about these things. You should just focus on your studies and friends, not on these matters.)

"To kya aap mere dost nahi hai? Sirf bhai hai?" She pouted, getting upset, the one thing which I didn't want anyone to be because of me.

(So are you not my friend? You are just my brother?)

"Nahi aisa nahi hai. Mai bhi aapka dost hu, lekin... umm... meri problems bado wali problems hai. Aap nahi samajh paogi. Isliye abhi aap apne age ke problems par dhyaan do." I struggled to put my thoughts into my words, afraid that she might get hurt because of them.

(No, it's not like that. I'm also your friend, but... umm... my problems are problems of older people. You will not be able to understand. So that's why you should focus on the problems of your age now.)

"Accha... lekin bhai, I don't like watching you sad. So what should I do?" She seemed to be lost in her thoughts as she replied, a faraway look in her eyes.

(Okay... but,)

"Accha ji, come, give me a hug. I will feel better." Smiling slightly, I replied.

(I see,)

"Pakka? Aap sirf ek hug se khush ho jainge?" Raising a brow, she asked me curiously.

(You sure? You will be happy just by a hug?)

"Yes, now come." I replied, opening my arms for her. Beaming, she scrambled towards me before hugging me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her, cherishing this moment with a small smile playing on my lips.

"Aapke hugs bohot warm hote hai bhai." Alayna told me after a while, making me quirk my brow.

(You hugs are so warm.)

"Accha. Is that a good thing?" I asked her, confused.

(I see.)

"Jee, but now I'm feeling sleepy." She replied with a yawn, making me chuckle.

(Yes,)

"Accha. Lekin abhi mat sona. Abhi Magrib aur Isha baki hai."

(Okay. But don't sleep now. Magrib and Isha are still remaining.)