Chapter 32

Saad's pov :

"No, bhai didn't talk to anyone." I heard Alayna saying as I completed my prayer.

"No, they aren't home yet." After a while of silence, she said quietly, making me confused. Who was she talking to?

"Oh bhai is done with his prayer, you can talk to him." She said while glancing at me and making her way towards me. I raised my brow, silently asking her who it was. Extending the phone to me, she replied, "It's Zee bhai."

Nodding my head, I grabbed the phone and saw her leaving for the washroom. "Assalamualikum." I said while standing up and making my way towards the bed.

"Walikumussalam. You didn't call them yet?" He asked me, confused.

"I tried calling them but it went straight to voicemail." I replied in a tired voice, sitting while leaning back on the headboard.

"Oh... When did they leave?" I could hear shuffling from his side as he questioned me.

"I have no idea. But when I woke up, they were gone." I replied while closing my eyes.

"You woke up during fajr, right?" He asked me, uncertainty clear in his voice.

"Yes, why?" I was confused at his queries.

"God ladke! Are you crazy? Unlog jab se gayab hai aur tum mujhse ab number maang rahe ho? Jabse kya kar rahe the?" He questioned in frustration as I heard him starting his car. (God boy! Are you crazy? They haven't been home since morning and you are asking for their number from me now? What were you doing until now?)

"Unke aane ka intezaar?" I replied uncertainly, unsure about where this was going. (Waiting for their arrival?)

"Allah yaar! Accha ab mai tumhare yaha aa raha hu, taiyyar raho. We will check around and try to find them." Groaning in frustration, he replied. (God man! Okay now I'm coming to your house, be ready. We will check around and try to find them.)

"Okay." I replied, feeling grateful for his help. He didn't even know me that well but was ready to help me? There aren't many people like that in this world.

"Be ready, I will be there in fifteen to twenty minutes." He said as I heard a horn from his side.

"Okay but you shouldn't be talking while driving. Just call me when you reach here." I said while glancing at the bag in front of me.

"Yeah I know, okay." He hung the call after that and plugging my mobile to charge, I started packing my remaining stuff. Whether we find them or not, we still have to go back and be there by tomorrow, I realised.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Alayna coming out of the washroom and grabbing her hijab. "Get ready, we will be going in fifteen minutes." I told her and saw her nodding her head before heading to pray on the already spread prayer mat.

._._._.

"I don't think we will be able to find them here too." He muttered with a sigh as he turned off the ignition of the car.

"But let's check it out once anyways." I replied in a tired voice as I opened the door of the car. We were roaming around the streets from the past three hours but to no luck. Alayna was so tired that she might just go to sleep right now. And I felt bad for having to take her everywhere with me. She came here to enjoy her holidays, not roam around the streets trying to find someone.

"Yeah, let's do it. But first we should pray Asr. It's getting late." He replied, glancing at his watch.

I hummed in response while looking back at Alayna. "You want to come out or stay here?" I asked, apologetically.