Chapter 10

Atifa's pov :

We had just finished washing the dishes and were drying our hands when Ammi entered the kitchen, a grin adorning her face and her eyes shining with excitement. "Girls! Get ready after Asr prayer, we will be going for shopping. And let the kids know about it too. I'm going to pray now."

Before I could process anything about what might be his answer or what might have happened there, I heard a high pitched squeal coming from my best friend. Reflexively, I put my hands on my ears for their safety. If this continues, I'm sure I'm going to be deaf because of her one day. I hope her future husband comes soon and fetch her from here. And since she hates the idea of getting married, I know exactly what to tease her with now. A smirk make its way on my face thinking about it. Quickly hidding my smirk I glared at her. "Can you be quite? Or at least try not to scream." Ammi left the kitchen, laughing at her squeal.

She smiled sheepishly but soon her smile turned into a big grin. "Uhh... Maybe? But not now, when your wedding just got fixed! I'm soo happy for you." She exclaimed before pulling me into a tight hug. And before I could process, she was twirling me around.

"Ya Allah, please stop!" I squeaked trying to stop us. More specifically, trying to stop myself from falling down.

She giggled before finally stopping. Taking a deep breath, I removed her hands from around me. "Never. Again." I stated looking at her grimly.

"Ya Allah, now why are you getting angry? It's your wedding which has been fixed. Cheer up!" She replied frustrated.

It was then that I actually processed what just happened. He said yes. My wedding just got fixed. And now we will be going for shopping. For our wedding. 'Our', that word sounded odd coming from me. Me and him. Us. Our wedding. It sounds weird and for me, I have never said that out aloud. Even thinking about it seems weird right now. And we will get married on Friday. Which is tomorrow. I will become his. And he will become mine. We-

Emaan was shaking me and I could faintly hear her voice asking me if I was still here. If I was okay. I didn't even realise when I started hyperventilating at all these thoughts. It was too much for me. Too overwhelming. I just nodded at her and she left.

My eyes were blurry and my mind too foggy. I blinked my eyes several times to clear them. Pinching myself, I tried to confirm that I wasn't really dreaming. When I felt the sting of the pinch - which was very hard by the way - I realised this isn't a dream. This is reality.

Emaan opened the fridge and retrieved something from it. Happily hurrying towards me, she showed me what was in her hands. "Chocolates?" I asked her confused.

"Yes my girl, yes. Since your wedding just got fixed, let's celebrate. Come, let's go upstairs." She replied holding my hand as she dragged me up to my room. Closing the door and comfortably settling on the bed, she handed me one bar and opened her bar.

"Come one now, take a bite!" Shoving the bar to my face, she forced me to take a bite. She is way more excited for my wedding than me.

"Good girl." Grinned, she started eating her chocolate. Opening my bar, I took a bite. We don't refuse chocolates now, do we? Whatever the occasion may be, chocolates can never be denied.

After that, it was hard for Emaan to stop planning our wedding, but I forced her to take a nap and let me take my nap by threatening her that we won't be able to stay up at night. She finally agreed and went to sleep.

Sighing in relief, my thoughts went back to the upcoming event. How my life is going to change and how I will cope up with it? Thinking about it, I drift off to a dreamless sleep.