Chapter 2

Atifa's pov :

I was sitting in the living room, colouring in my sketch book when abbu came.

"So what is my princess doing?" He asked me while peeking at my sketch book.

"I'm colouring abbu, dekhiye, ye kitna pyaara hai. I made it." I told him happily while showing him the drawing of a house. (See, how beautiful it is.)

"Oh wow! Ma Shaa Allah. This is beautiful. Aur kya bana skti hai meri beti?" He asked me curiously with a smile playing on his lips. (What else can my daughter draw?)

"What is happening here? Kya khichdi pak rhi hai yaha?" Ammi joined, sitting beside me. (What are you both planning?)

"Ammi I was just showing abbu what I made. Isn't it cute?" I asked her while showing her the drawing.

"Yes it is, Ma Shaa Allah. And what was your abbu asking you?" She asked me curiously with a raised brow.

"I was just asking her what else can she draw." Abbu replied, sitting down beside ammi while putting his arm around her shoulder. "You know, it would be great to have myself sketched by my princess. I mean, tumne to kia nhi hai, so I was just about to ask my daughter to do the honors." Abbu informed ammi mischievously, all the while looking at her with a different kind of sparkle in his eyes. Like there was some secret between them which he was trying to remind her or maybe tease her. At that time I didn't understood why he said what he said, and till now I don't know what he was talking about. But I guess, some things are better left unspoken. They are better left as secrets. And also because I wouldn't want to interfere in my parents' personal matter. (since you haven't sketched me)

"Accha ji? Then maybe Atifa can sketch you up for yourself. What do you say Atifa?" Ammi asked me while turning to look at me. She had a mischievous smile on her face herself. (Oh yeah?)

"Jee ammi! I would love to draw abbu. I even have a pose for him. But he will have to sit like a statue for that." I told her excitedly, but in the end my excitement died down because I didn't know if abbu would agree to sit in the same position for that long. (Sure)

"Awwh don't worry sweetheart, I'm sure your abbu wouldn't mind sitting in any pose that you say. Sahi kaha na maine janab?" Ammi asked abbu sweetly. (Am I not right mister?)

"No I wouldn't mind at all princess. So tell me which pose is it?" Abbu replied after a while, turning his gaze away from ammi. It was like they were communicating with their eyes while I sat there waiting for his answer, clueless as to what was even happening here.

He stretched and stood up to show me a standing position. "Like this?"

"No, you are going to go and sit there." I told him pointing towards a chair, trying to mimic a professional stern voice.

"Oh okay. Now?" He asked after following my command.

"Now keep your hands on your lap and let me see." I told him in deep thinking voice with furrowed eyebrows.