Chapter 47

Saad's pov:

A shriek escaped her lips as soon as she spotted me before quickly closing the door while a smile grazed my lips as I continued to stare at her. Sweat trickled down my neck, reminding me how hot I was feeling but I could care less about that. Pushing the hood of my hoodie back, I took a deep breath while closing my eyes, trying to calm myself down by the cool air of the air conditioner.

Ah, finally I was able to make it till here. Now, I just hoped that she wasn't angry with me or else I would have to go back home, just like bhai said.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" Taking a few steps towards me, she jabbed a finger at my chest while asking me, a furious glare adorning her face and her lips set into thin line.

"Bhaijaan! I'm so happy to see you! But I'm so sleepy, you came home so late." Amira shrieked with a yawn, her eyes closing on their own as she sat up on her bed, rubbing her eyes to look at me.

"I'm so sorry Mira, I had some work that's why I couldn't come earlier." I replied, ignoring her question and bending down to untie my shoelace before keeping them under the window, near the study table. "But why are you still up? You should be sleeping right now." I inquired, walking to the bed and sitting beside her.

"Yeah, busy in watching some cricket match." I heard a sarcastic murmur and when I glanced in her direction, I saw her rolling her eyes at me. So someone was extremely angry.

"Jee. I was sleeping but because of api's voice, I woke up." She replied with a yawn before looking at her sister sleepily.

"Oh, then you should go back to sleep now." I replied softly, a small smile still present on my lips.

"And you mister. You should get out of my house right now!" I heard an irritated voice, my gaze flickered in her direction and I saw her turning to look at me, her arms folded as she glared daggers at me.

"Api let him stay for a while please." Before I could reply anything, Amira interrupted with a pout. "Aap thodi der aur ruk jaiye na." Turning her attention to me, she pleaded.

(Stay for a while more.)

"Umm hmm... Dekhte hai. Agar aapki api ne rukne diya to ruk jaunga." I replied, not daring myself to look in her direction.

(Umm hmm... I will see. If your sister let me stay here, then I will stay.)

"Aur iski api aapko rukne ki ijazat bilkul bhi nahi de rahi hai. To isse pehle ke ammi aa jaye, aap ghar se nikal jaiye." She replied sharply, I could still feel her heated gaze on me.

(And her sister isn't giving you any permission to stay here. So before mom comes here, leave this house right now.)

"Api, don't be so mean. Please na, let him stay here for a while. Aap inko itni jaldi wapas kyu bhej rahi hai?" Amira pleaded, holding my arm while looking at her.

(Why are you sending him back so soon?)

"Because he is actually careless. I can't believe it!" She muttered, shaking her head.

"Accha Mira, aap so jao. I'm staying here for a while. Okay?" I said, making her lay on the bed as she grinned at me.

(Okay Mira, go to sleep.)

"Okay bhaijaan. Jazak Allahu Khairan." She squealed happily, her eyes already drooping.

"What!? Seriously guys?!" She exclaimed, and from the corner of my eyes, I could see her letting her hands fall by her side. "Okay do whatever you want, I don't care." She muttered, exasperated, as she grabbed a thin mattress to lay on the floor. "Khadoos!" She continued to mumble while working, a frown adorning her face, making me smile slightly. She wouldn't change, would she? At least I hoped she wouldn't.