4. Say What?

Arden Serrano

"Sir, Mr. Bianchi is here along with Ms. Knight." Jayden said as he knocked and entered my office.

Could it be Jasmine?

Don't be ridiculous, Arden. There are thousands of 'Ms. Knight's out there.

Why the fuck can't I get Jasmine out of my mind?!

I'm a Casanova for fuck sakes. I shouldn't get so engaged over a casual hook up. It was just for one night and I need to come to terms with that. Just one night.

One amazing night.

Bad Arden! Stop that!

I shook my head slightly at my own thoughts. I need to get Jasmine out of my mind as soon as possible. She's messing with my mind.

I'll drown myself in work for the coming days and as soon as I get a new case, I'll forget everything about her and our night together.

I mean, how hard avoiding her can be?

Jayden cleared his throat to grab my attention and he successfully broke my train of thoughts. I looked up at him.

"Mr. Serrano? What should I do?" He asked.

"Considering you're in the office, try working Jay?" It was meant to be a sentence but came out as a question.

"Sir." Jayden said with a flat tone.

"What? I'm serious, go work. We have so many pending cases." I said.

"So like fuck those people, yeah?" Jayden sarcastically said.

"If they promise not to demand that from me, send them in." I said.

"Okay." He said and turned to leave but stopped at my voice.

"Also, Jayden, don't use such cuss words and/or profanities at work. It's not very professional and sounds really bad." I faked a strict-boss.

"Apologies." He said with an eye roll.

"You know what Jay, Fuck you." I said.

"If that's what you really want." He said and exited my office.

I finished my second cup of coffee for today and cleared my desk.

I heard a knock on my door again. I granted permission and saw Mr. Andy Bianchi walk.

"How are you today, sir?" I said as I gave him my hand for a shake.

He's in his early 50s. Andy Bianchi is like a mentor to young lawyers like myself. He's been an integral part of the Pericoloso. The Italian Mafia group which rules New York.

I've never had the chance to meet the whole group but I'm aware of the former and current head, Mr. Evan Stalin and Mr. Adam Stalin, respectively.

I've met Andy Bianchi a few times before but only at gatherings and parties. It's the first time I'm meeting him for work-related purpose.

"Call me Andy, Arden." He said as he shook my hand.

I gestured towards the couch as both of us took our seats.

"I have a request to make. Jasmine Knight should be here soon."

Jasmine Knight?

"Hello." I heard the voice belonging to the woman who's thoughts have been traumatising me since last night.

I looked at her. She was standing by the door in a tight office skirt and top. She wasn't wearing anything revealing yet looked like a seductress.

So sexy.

"Arden?"

"Jasmine?"

We said at the same time.

"You two know each other?" Andy asked as Jasmine took a seat next to him, opposite to me.

So much for avoiding her thoughts.

"Vividly." I answered. Flashbacks of yesterday night ran through my mind and it was almost like I could taste her lips on mine right now.

Stop it, Arden!

I scolded myself and tried to concentrate back on the current matter at my hands.

"We were at the same club last night, Leila's." She explained.

Of course. It makes sense now. Leila Jordan and Jasmine Knight are both parts of CERCHIO INTERNO.

I really should read the news more often. All I read in the tabloids and newspaper are business news and around the world. Media treats them like celebrities so I usually skip those pages.

Trust me, I could care less who dating whom and who broke up. That's nonsense to my mind.

"Three cups of coffee, please." I said in the phone next to me. Jayden will send someone with the cups soon.

I have a feeling we'll be here for a record time.

"What was it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked Andy.

I tried avoiding Jasmine since she was looking so beautiful, everything in me wanted to just grab her face and kiss her.

I internally shook my head, trying to get rid of all my unholy thoughts about the girl sitting in front of me. She has such an innocent face but don't let it fool you. Last night's activities made it abundantly clear how much of a tigress she really is.

"I'm sorry to inform you that, you and Jasmine need to flee the city of New York for some time, immediately." Andy said.

Say what?

~ Jasmine's Outfit ~

QOTD: If you were ever to get arrested, what crime do you think you'd have committed?