29. Mr. & Mrs. Castillo

Arden Serrano

"I curse the day I married you, Veronica." I shouted at Jasmine.

"Guess what, Marcus? Feelings are mutual." She retorted.

"You had no right doing that." I said as I crossed my hands against my chest.

"Oh I did. I'm driving. I can and will control the stereo." She said with a smirk.

"That was a good song." I reasoned.

"Bitch please. I Knew You Were Trouble is one of Taylor's best breakup songs." Jasmine said as she rhythmically tapped her pointer fingers on the steering wheel.

'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now

"On this I agree with Taylor Swift. I knew you were Trouble when you walked in." I smugly said as I looked at her.

She looked at me for a fraction of a second and gave me a small smile but then rolled her eyes, concentrating back on the road.

"Have you made the list?" She asked.

"What list?" I purposely asked in order to tease her.

"The list of all the exit points in the local bank." She calmly answered.

"What bank?" I questioned.

"We'll be needing that list if we're looting the bank." She said as she took a left turn, instructed by the GPS.

"Okay Lydia, only Meredith Walker can understand you now." I said referring to Teen Wolf characters.

"Looks like I've rubbed off on you." She commented. I sarcastically smirked back at her.

"I was asking about the grocery list, Ardennn." She said dragging out my name.

"Yeah, got that." I said as I tapped my left pocket.

In the next ten minutes, we pulled up to the market. Jasmine found a parking spot and parked our car.

I wore a cap on my head. I was wearing a pair of black pants and an oversized grey hoodie. I wore a black jacket over it and put my sunglasses on. It is my disguise for today.

Jasmine on the other hand, was wearing heeled boot shoes with extra long straight legged pants. Her height appeared to be extra tall and she reached just below my chin contrary to her normal height. Normally, she reached up to my collarbone. She was wearing a skin tight corset.

It's been around two weeks since Axel came to visit. He was sent by Uncle Andy's team to check weather everything is okay here or no. He hasn't mention until when is he gonna stay here in Lexington but it's been fun. We've been savouring every moment with him. Him and I haven't lived in the same house since last 4 years. We even share a room since there are only two this house has to offer. Even Jasmine is super chill with him. They've been bonding real nice these past few days. They like the same show, same characters and they mostly bond over the type of food they love.

"Shall we, Mrs. Castillo?" I asked as I looked at Jasmine who just put her sunglasses on.

"We shall, Mr. Castillo." She said as she got out of the car and I followed suit.

She locked the car and we walked into the grocery store, hand-in-hand. A shiver passed down her spine which didn't go unnoticed by me. It felt good in a weird way to hold her hand publicly.

We first made our way to the dairy section. We picked our favourite flavoured milks and cottage cheese. Then we went to the vegetable section and we picked our shit ton of vegetables and fruits. We moved onto the grains and pulses section. After picking some of them, we went to the billing counter.

After some good 50 minutes, we reached the biking counter and paid in cash.

We loaded the grocery bags in the trunk of the car and this time I sat in the driver's seat.

While we were on the road, my phone rang.

"Uncle Andy's calling." I said in utter surprise.

"Pick it up." She said and I did. I put it on speaker.

"I know you guys are in the car, just start driving towards NYC. Don't stop the night anywhere. You house got attacked by our rival Mafia 20 minutes. We have a mole." He said all in one go.

"What about Axel?" Jasmine asked.

"We've already sent help for him. They're on the way. DON'T go to the house. Don't stop for anything, just come back." Uncle Andy instructed.

"Okay. We're on the way." I answered and cut the call.

I entered NYC in the GPS.

"Drive towards the house." Jasmine instructed.

"Didn't you hear him?"

"I'm not leaving Axel here. We'll go to NYC together." She said.

I opened my mouth to protest but she didn't allow me to.

"This is not up for debate." She said with finality in her voice.

"Fine." I said and turned the car towards the house.

~ Jasmine's Outfit ~

~ Arden's Outfit ~

QOTD: Do you like doing grocery shopping?