15. Only You

Arden Serrano

"Arden?!" I heard Jasmine's voice from upstairs as I momentarily stopped cutting the apple in my hand.

"Where are you, Den?!" She called out again, using that unjustifiable name she recently gave me.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I shouted/replied back.

"Okay!" She said and almost instantly walked into the kitchen.

"You don't have to shout if you're anywhere near." I informed her.

"Oh, thanks for the untold fact, Mr-I-know-everything." She said as she picked a strawberry from my bowl and plopped it in her mouth.

"Good morning to you too, Trouble." I said as I ruffled her hair and she rolled her eyes.

"What are you making?" She questioned as she effortlessly sat on the kitchen island, beside my bowl of fruits.

"It's called preparing." I corrected her again and looked at her with a smirk.

"Alright, look here, smirky." She said as she grabbed the lapels of my denim coloured jacket and pulled my body closer to hers. A small frown took over her features and she scrunched up her nose, looking adorable.

"I might look like a fool, but I am not one." She said emphasising 'not'. Her minty breath hit my face and I gripped the marble of the kitchen island in order to avoid my urges of grabbing and passionately kissing her.

My smirk widened which made her frown a bit more.

"Okay, Einstein." I said and she let go of my jacket with a slight tug.

"I'm preparing a fruit bowl for us. I didn't feel like cooking this morning." I said as I picked up a banana and started cutting it in perfect circles.

"I could've prepared that. You should've just called for me." She said.

"I thought you were asleep. Didn't wanna disturb you." I reasoned.

"That's sweet. Wait, what's the purpose of the jacket? It's hot outside." She said as she fanned herself with her hand.

"Surprisingly, this does not add to the heat." I said and shrugged my shoulder nonchalantly. She jumped off the island and pulled the jacket. I helped her in taking it off and saw her wearing it herself.

It was a bit bigger than her body but somehow went quite well with her yellow dress. She pulled her hair out of it and ran a hand through them to even them out. She rolled the sleeves a bit and gave the jacket a hitch. She stuffed her hands in it's jacket and gave me a sweet smile.

"How do I look?" She innocently asked completely oblivious to what seeing her in my jacket was doing to my insides.

"With your eyes... Hopefully." I said.

"Fuck you, Arden." She said and in an instance, I pulled her to my chest as I snaked my arms around her waist. Her hands fell flat on my chest and I heard her take in a deep breath.

I dipped my head and raked my nose from her neck to her earlobe. She smelled so fresh and fruit. She smelled citrusy, maybe because of her shower gel or her body lotion.

"You already have, baby." I whispered in her ear, in a sensual voice. She closed her eyes tightly for a second and opened them again.

I chuckled at her state and placed a soft kiss on her neck before retreating myself. I turned and concentrated once again on my fruit bowl.

I heard her clear her throat and she awkwardly walked towards the fridge. She opened it and pulled out the bottle of milk.

"I'm making coffee for myself. You want some?" She asked as she pulled out the coffee container from it's drawer.

"Sure. Thanks." I said.

.

.

.

"You wanna see who reaches that end first?" Jasmine asked as both of us walked towards the pool.

After breakfast we decide to take a swim since it's hot today. We changed into our swimwear and after beauty queen here, was done applying her sunblock, we finally are standing on the side of the pool.

The pool is rectangular in shape and is considerably long.

"Sure. Winner chooses tonight's movie." I said as I put my hand forward for a shake.

Everyday we watch a movie while eating. Jasmine chooses the movie most days since she knows all the good ones but since last two days, she's choosing sappy movies like The Titanic and The Fault In Our Stars. Tonight, I'm making her watch an action movie.

"Done." She said after a movement and shook my hand.

"Are you ready? 1... 2..." I started counting after the both of us stretched our arms and legs for a minute.

"6!" Jasmine excitedly shouted, out of nowhere.

"Thr-What...?" I cut myself mid-sentence as I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Well, three seemed like an obvious thing to say after '2' so," She shrugged her shoulders.

"Seemed? It is the obvi..." She cut me mid-sentence.

"3!" She announced and the next thing I know, she jumped into the pool.

She swiftly swam across the pool and plopped her head outside the water.

"Guess who's watching Call Me By Your Name tonight?"

"Cheater-cheater, pumpkin-eater." I said.

"Are you 5?" She asked with amusement in her eyes.

"I could be!"

"Only you, Arden. Only you." She said as she started swimming towards my end of the pool.

~ Jasmine's Outfit ~

~ Their Pool ~

QOTD: Do you like rom-coms?