8. Trouble

Jasmine Knight

"Let us know as soon as you guys get there." Dad said as Arden loaded his and mine suitcases in the trunk of the car.

He should charge people for letting them drool at his bulging biceps and sexy veins.

We are at the warehouse of Pericoloso. After yesterday's make over, all of us went home. The whole family had dinner together and Dad even invited Arden. He refused at first but after a little persuasion, agreed to join us.

Everyone were talking and making small conversations here and there. It was an elaborate dinner where British delicacies dominated the menu.

Everyone enjoyed and Arden seemed to gel well with my male cousins.

"Since you can't make phone calls, you'll be using the pager." Uncle Andy said.

"What pager? You didn't give me any." I said.

"Arden has it." He said.

"See, Jas, even Uncle Andy realises how irresponsible you are." River teased me and Arden chuckled, earning a glare from me.

"Shut it, River." I said and slapped his chest.

"Be extremely careful." Uncle Liam said.

"Give us updates as often as possible." Rose said.

"Avoid getting out of the house." Uncle Evan.

"Keep all the doors and windows locked." Jason said.

"Don't use any thing which can be tracked." Jayden, Arden's assistant said.

"Take care of your health." Mom said.

"Train everyday and workout good." Uncle Andy said.

Everyone was giving Arden and me instructions, left and right. I understand their concerns about us but it's all getting repetitive.

"Geez guys, Chill. It's not like we're fleeing to hide from the law." Arden said. I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.

"We know you guys." I said.

"We'll be extra extra extra careful. We'll keep all of these instructions in mind." Arden said as he stood next to me.

"Please take care of each other." My mom said.

"Mrs. Knight, I promise I'll not let anything happen to Jasmine. Please have some faith in me." Arden said.

"We do have faith in you, Arden. I just can't help getting worried." Mom said.

"And that's perfectly normal. You may get worried just don't get too worried." Arden reassured her.

"Okay now you both really need to leave." Adam said, emphasising on 'really'.

I glanced at the watch on my wrist. It's 7:30 a.m. and we need to leave the city of New York before 8.

"Yeah." I said.

After another 10 minutes of emotional goodbyes with the family, Arden sat in the driving seat and I took my seat on the passenger side.

We were in a white 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (35th Anniversary Edition).

I know a thing or two about cars and I can firmly say that I've never liked any vintage car as much as this one here.

As Arden roared its engine and started driving, I couldn't help but turn around and wave everyone a goodbye.

Lord knows when I'll get to see them next.

"You'll see them again sooner than you think, Jasmine." Arden said and briefly kept a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't call me that." I said as I scrunched up my nose.

"What? Your name?" He asked.

"People don't generally really call me that." I said.

"That's defying the whole purpose of naming a person but sure. Whatever am I suppose to call you then?" He asked.

"A) People call me by my full name only when I'm in trouble. They usually go with either 'J' or 'Jas'. B) You may call me either of those two. I'm fine with it." I said.

"It's gonna be weird." He said.

"I'm gonna call you Trouble. Because that's exactly what you are." Arden said after a minute of thinking.

Did he just give me a nickname?

"A cute kind of Trouble." I said and he chuckled, nodding his head.

I turned outside to stare at the sky. It was still a bit dark but not as dark as it was when we left the warehouse. The world around us was still asleep while we were on the run, literally.

I could hear the birds chirping. The sky was painted in a beautiful blue hue and it was moist all around us. Since it was a bit cold, I gave my coat a hitch.

We had the roof open so it added to the wind factor. I pulled a scrunchy out of my purse and gathering all my now brunette hair, I tied them into a messy bun.

I wore a pair of sunglasses over my eyes and rested my hair against the headrest, closing my eyes. I felt the cold breeze hit my face and an innocent smile made it's way on my lips.

I felt a pair of eyes on me and I peeked to see how Arden was stealing glances at me. I internally chuckled and continued enjoying the morning breeze.

I know my life's all flipped out right now but as long as I keep my calm, I'll be contented. I can confidently say that this breeze makes me so happy right now.

If you stop and enjoy those little detail of life, your problems will stop looking unsolvable.

Everything is beautiful if you look carefully. Everyday is a new opportunity to be grateful and never seize taking it.

The more grateful you are, the more beauty you see.

~ 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 ~

QOTD: What's the weirdest nickname you've ever been given?