5. Real

Jasmine Knight

"What?" I said as I stared at Uncle Andy with wide eyes.

"What... What do you mean 'flee'?" Arden asked as a sexy frown formed on his face.

Jasmine!

I internally scolded myself. Ever since I woke up this morning, I just cannot seem to get him out of my head.

~ F L A S H B A C K ~

I groaned as I struggled to open my eyes.

Hangover's a bitch.

I sat on the bed and looked at an asleep Arden next to me. Last night rushed to my memory in bits and pieces.

Flashes of our naked bodies on top of each other entered my mind. A small smile took over my features. I'd be lying if I say I didn't have a good time last night.

It's very unlike me to have a random hook up with someone I've barely met but the way Arden licked his lips, awaken something inside me.

I'm just gonna blame all of it on the alcohol. I drank like crazy yesterday and it's showing.

I picked my phone from the bed-side table. It's pretty early.

The lack of sleep has caused me a severe headache and the hangover is not helping at all.

I called the reception and asked for a glass of warm lemon water and a sticky pad along with a writing pen to be sent to the room.

After disconnecting the call, I laid in the bed once again. I pulled the duvet over my still naked body and heard Arden stir in his sleep.

Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up.

I prayed in my mind. It's gonna be hella awkward to see him let alone talk.

I'll sneak out of the room and we'll never meet again.

Easy, right?

Arden turned towards me and his hand came around my waist, pulling my body way closer to his.

I buried my face in his neck, to lay comfortably. I heard him take a sniff, slipping into slumber again.

Someone's a cuddle bear.

I took my time to observe his face. Sharp jawline complimenting his high cheekbones. Sharp, thick eyebrows which made me a little jealous. Straight nose, pink lips and don't get me started on his eyes' colour. Perfect mix of green and blue. His face structure kind of resembles young Leonardo DiCaprio.

This man is sinfully handsome.

My phone beeped and I grabbed it from the table. It was a message from Leila.

Leila: Where the fuck are you?! The bartender from last night, fucking spiked your drink. I'm dead worried, he used a very potent substance apparently.

Jasmin: I'm still in the room I booked for myself last night. I'm fine, don't worry. Meet you at the reception in 20 minutes.

Leila: I'm so glad to read that. Okay, see you downstairs in 20. Bye 😘

Just then, I heard a knock and slipped out of Arden's arms to check on the door.

After taking a shower, I drank my lemon water and wrote a note for Arden on the sticky pad and stuck it to the mirror in the bathroom.

As I was about to leave the room, I turned to look at Arden. Unknowingly, I walked towards the bed and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

"Goodbye, Arden." I whispered near his head as I gave a small caress to his cheek before finally leaving the room.

I met Leila at the reception and she drove me to my house.

~ END OF FLASHBACK ~

"You know how I'm retiring in a few days. I was going through some of the old files of some sketchy shit I covered back in the days. I was going through the Knights' business endeavours and everything looked fine but then I noticed something. The Steel plant that Jasmine runs now was initially handled by her grandfather in Italy." Uncle Andy said.

"Okay?" I prompted him to go on. He was about to speak when a knock was heard on the door.

A woman in her early 20s, walked in with three cups of coffee. After handing us the cups, she exited the cabin. Arden and me turned towards Uncle Andy and gestured him to continue.

"There are primarily three problems in this whole situation. 1) The office that handles the Steel Industry is built on the grounds of an ancient family which didn't want the Knights to have the property to them. Till this date, the property's ownership is a pending case in the court. Legally, you shouldn't be allowed to run your office there. Lord knows how your grandfather managed to build the whole office building back in his days." Uncle Andy said.

"Wait. Why's Jasmine being dragged in this? Didn't Grandpa Knight overlook the transaction?" Arden asked.

"In our Mafia, there's this rule which says that the person who overtakes the family business also becomes the owner of the majority of the business properties like offices and factories. When I took over the Steel productions sector and telecommunications sector, I became the legal owner of the office properties and factories including other minor grounds." I explained to Arden.

"That means..." He left the sentence hanging.

"Yeah. If someone were to report this to the police or God forbid, the FBI, I would be the one they'd come after. My dead Grandpa or my almost retired father wouldn't be held responsible." I finished his sentence.

"Wait a minute, what would be my punishment if this case is held in the court?" I sceptically asked Uncle Andy.

"Since your properties are worth millions, the real owner will get the ownership, CEO position and a huge amount of compensation." Uncle Andy said.

"You may be held for life imprisonment if they'd provide a strong case." He continued.

"If I'll be held, who's to say they won't go after my cousins too?" I said and Uncle Andy sighed.

Shit just got real.

QOTD: How many cousins do you have?