10. Damn Him

Jasmine Knight

"Turn left from here." I said as I looked at my mobile.

"You have the key on you right?" I asked as we got out of the car.

We reached Lexington, which is a city in Kentucky. It was an 11 hours long journey but it went by mostly while either I or Arden were asleep.

It's 7 p.m. right now.

"No I don't." Arden said.

I opened the boot of the car and was about to pull out my suitcase but stopped midway.

"What?!" I said a little loudly than I intended to.

"A little bit louder. There's a person on the end of the city who didn't quite hear you." He sarcastically said.

"Okay, Mr. Funny, try cracking another joke, maybe that will open the door for us." I said.

"Open, Sesame."

He wriggled his fingers on the door of the house, as if he was a real magician and with his little spell, the door will open right up.

"Is that suppose to be funny?" I asked as I kept my hands on my waist and started taking deep breaths.

It's a good thing we are in a scarcely populated neighbourhood. The house was big, not as big as the ones we live in back in NYC but for a month long stay, this is more than good.

"We need to hurry before someone sees us here." I said and Arden nodded.

"Chill, Jasmine." He said.

He pulled out the key from his pocket pants and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Why would you do that?" I said as I gripped the lapels of his leather coat. It started getting chilly outside so him and I decided to put on our jackets.

Unintentionally I bought us closer. Our faces were a few inches apart and bodies were already touching each other.

Our breaths got mingled and we were slowing getting lost in each others' eyes.

"I don't know." He said, his voice still sounding distant.

"Okay." I whispered and let go of his jacket lapels.

No other words were exchanged between us. I continued unloading the boot of the car while Arden unlocked the main door of the house.

I stood next to him as he opened the door and we stepped inside the house together.

The house was modern in design and it's dominant colours were white, dark blue and grey.

The living room was has black couches and white couches along with a big black center table, a big screen tv, and a crystal chandelier.

"Wow." I said as I looked at the living room.

"I know." I heard Arden say.

"Woah, look at the kitchen." I said as I walked towards it.

It had big granite island with three plush island chairs. It had three hanging lights and a black fridge.

Surprisingly, the kitchen and pantry were fully loaded. The fridge was stocked with fresh vegetables, milk and juice cartons, eggs and meat. The pantry was full of numerous types of lentils, pulses and different kinds of flours.

"Arden, look. The fridge and pantry is fully stocked with things we might need to cook with." I said.

"We?" Arden said as he raised his eyebrows teasingly.