22. Insensibility

Jasmine Knight

"Sure. Where?" Chandler cracked the last joke ever of FRIENDS and the show concluded.

I went to the episodes section and started the show again. I always do this; Whenever I finish the last episode of FRIENDS, I start it anew.

The next 40 minutes, give or take went by and my stomach growled. I was freaking hungry and the house was literally empty.

Arden was out doing grocery shopping. We've been running low on supplies and since I went for grocery shopping two weeks ago, this time he volunteered to do it.

We always dress up as 'people' when we go outside. So far Arden's has done the shopping 6 times and I've done it 2 times.

What can I say, I'm lazy.

The last time I was out, I wore a fake pregnant belly and a long sundress over it. It was a sunny day so I wore a pair of large sunglasses and a hat. I also wore a pair of long heels which gave me much height but since the sundress was long, no one could see the heels.

Today, Arden is dressed in a pair of black jeans, a white top and a black leather jacket. His cover for today is to go as a fuck boy from a local college.

I'm not gonna lie, he looked pretty hot in his attire. I just wanted to grab his face and kiss the hell out of him but I controlled myself.

When he entered the kitchen, he hadn't put on his jacket and to top it, he had his shirt sleeves rolled to his elbow.

Why the fuck does that make men 10x more attractive?

As he was looking through the pantry, searching for things that we already had, he picked up many basket of food containers. His veins were bulging and all I wanted to do was to ask him to wrap his muscular arms around me.

I took a deep breath and picked a glass of juice from the fridge. To distract myself, I walked into the living room and continued watching FRIENDS.

I glanced at my phone and saw the time. It's just 5:10 pm. Why the hell is it getting so dark outside?

I saw the weather report. We're under a minor thunderstorm apparently.

I switched on the lights in the living room. I then stood up and walked towards the curtains. I opened them a bit and saw just how dark it was outside.

I wonder where Arden is.

It had started to rain and fear started seeping into me slowly.

Every since I was little, thunderstorms scared the living shit out of me. The sound of thunder, the lightning, everything in general about it scares me.

I closed all the drapes in the living room and walked into the kitchen. I closed the kitchen window and filled my glass with the last of what was left in the juice container.

It had started getting cold so I rushed to my room and fetched a pair of jacket and a shawl. I wore a pair of warm socks and walked downstairs.

I switched on the tv again to distract myself from all the negative thoughts in my head.

I started watching Vincenzo from the start. I've already completed the drama but I just can't seem to get enough of it.

It successfully diverted my mind for 15 minutes or so but it didn't last long. I heard a loud thunder roar. A shiver passed down my spine and evil thoughts started filling up my mind.

The next thing I know, all the lights went off in the house. I guess there must have been a short circuit. This just added salt to the wound. The whole house was pitch black.

I bit my lip as I switched on my phone in an attempt to play some music. The wifi was not working either so I couldn't play songs.

Fucking hell!

Fear started gripping my insides and I ran outside the house. Luckily the lightening was striking on the opposite side of the house. This meant I got some light outside but didn't have to see the actual lightening.

The garden had no shade so I stood in a corner, nearest to the house and impatiently waited for Arden to come home. I was beyond scared at this point. Tears had started flowing down my cheeks as an acute sense of loneliness hit me.

My tears were getting mixed with the heavy rain that was falling on my head. My body started getting colder by the second and my stomach was rumbling due to my hunger.

Feeling weak, I sat on the ground as I hugged my knees and rested my face on them.

It wasn't long before I felt my eyelids getting heavy and the next thing I know, I slipped into insensibility.

~ Arden's Outfit ~

QOTD: What's your hated/disliked season?